TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-22-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
Chris
Site Team

Default Chris Weighs In.

Hello all,
Sorry it's taken me a bit to get on and put some of this to rest, but I'm actively looking for a job, and so it's taken more of my time. There are some things that I'd like to discuss.

First, this is a web forum. It's a communications vehicle that has to rely on text to express emotions. I've been part of BBS and web forums since 1983 being on Compuserve. It's tough to do sometimes as we all know that most communication is non verbal, not verbal. As such, it's easy to get carried away in missing someone's bigger point and people get their feelings misunderstood in the end.

That said, we are an open board, but it's still my board. My moderators have always done what they feel is right, and anyone who's angry about their decision is always welcome to appeal to me. Most times I side with my moderators, sometimes I don't. Ultimately it is my decision as to what happens or doesn't. The moderator team has been exceptional, and have done the right things consistently. It's a tough job. They don't get any compensation other than the badge of Moderator, and free acess to the boards.

The issue can come down when the moderators have issues with one another. In all of the years running this board (10 years), we haven't had many issues. I have asked Bill and Leon offline to help me understand what happened, and how they want to resolve this. I apologize that you all had to watch it unfold, but that's how families are sometimes...you see their dirty laundry. If any of you feel wronged by how things have been managed, let me know. If you want a refund of your membership, or want to vent about how things have gone, I have a good ear. Your always welcome to email me or contact me directly.

Thanks for your patience as we work through this, and figure out our next steps.
Ct..

www.trailmanorowners.com
www.granddesignowners.com
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
cali camping

Chris,
Thanks for finally chiming in. I, for one, understand what goes on behind the scenes is a necessary activity for the health of the forum. The membership at large doesn't need to know everything that is going on behind the scenes and it's unfortunate so much of this present issue made it on the boards.

In the process of recovery, for lack of a better term, I would like to volunteer my efforts. If you plan on supplementing your moderator work force, maybe a short description of the job details posted here would be in order...I bet you would get lots of volunteers.

Thanks for your time,

2007 2720SD, Dual 80 watt solar panels, flat screen LCD TV mounted on side wall, 210 Ah AGM Battery, Link 10, Dual Honda 2000EUi's
Cadillac Escalade EXT, Prodigy
cali camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 02:41 PM   #3
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Thanks Chris...good luck with the job search!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

Chris,

Thank you for this forum. Thank you for all of your efforts over all of these years. It's value far exceeds our annual dues.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #5
camp2canoe

Refund? Gosh no! My thanks to you, Bill, Leon and everyone who has ever answered one of my questions, however inane, on this forum. Hopefully some of my answers have been of assistance to other questioners on the forum. I do think I fall closer to those who think that (almost) anything goes in the "off topic" section. If you have delicate sensibilities or rigid parameters for what may or may not be "off topic", just avoid clicking on that section. In a way it's a little like when a fellow camper at a TM rally pulls out photographs of the grandchildren - I'll look politely but withhold my comments! -camp2canoe
Old 02-23-2008, 10:00 AM   #6
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp2canoe View Post
Refund? Gosh no! My thanks to you, Bill, Leon and everyone who has ever answered one of my questions, however inane, on this forum. Hopefully some of my answers have been of assistance to other questioners on the forum.
Same thinkn' here. As a matter of fact, I just paid my dues for another year yesterday. That is about the best money that I can spend on our TM.

Chap
Old 02-23-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
TraceyMac

Same for me - While I am a little amazed at the passion of some folks when they feel "wronged", I am more than happy with the value I get from my membership and participation in this board. The lessons I have learned from others have been invaulable and worth way more than my subscripton.
As for "Off Topic" - I don't mind what goes in there as long as it remains "clean". I can simply choose to ignore it if it doesn't look interesting to me. I am not a geo-cacher, so I don't bother reading that thread, but certainly don't see anything wrong with having it there for those who are interested - just the same way I now ignore the "For Sale" as I already own a TM and no longer need to peruse that forum.
To Chris, the moderators, and all of the others who participate, you all get a big thank you from this new TM owner as your efforts have greatly added to my enjoyment of my TM.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:23 PM   #8
bfezel

Chris,

My thanks to you and the moderators for this forum. It has been a very valuable resource for me in making repairs and improvements to my TM. I have posted questions and also PM'ed members for solutions. Everyone has been most helpful. Have even posted some information based on things I've done that might be of help to others. The dues are the best $ I've spent since buying my TM two years ago.

As to the "Off Topics" thread...I rarely look at it but did last night after being offline for five days. The title "Chris Weighs In" caught my eye and I came to the thread to see what was going on. The controversy is unforunate, but we are all human. Personally I have no need for such a thread and would not be sorry to see it eliminated. At the same time it causes me no grief unless it causes the site to degrade in response or increase in expense.

My best wishes for a quick and successful resolution to the controversy.

Bill
Old 02-24-2008, 02:56 PM   #9
PopBeavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfezel View Post
As to the "Off Topics" thread...I rarely look at it but did last night after being offline for five days. Bill
The issue wasn't so much that there was an off-topic category.

The issue is that someone had the nerve to post stuff regarding geocaching, which is not directly related to TMs, while others thought geocaching was related because it is something people do when camping. Like bird watching or flying radio controlled airplanes.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:32 AM   #10
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Default Moderator moderation

I'd like to add $.02 to say that I appreciate all the work you guys do.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote