TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2007, 07:20 AM   #1
Chuck C C

Default Why buy the big one?

I've noticed that not too many people buy the 3326K. Is there some reason to avoid this model?
Old 03-24-2007, 07:53 AM   #2
evans27292

Smile 3326ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck C C View Post
I've noticed that not too many people buy the 3326K. Is there some reason to avoid this model?
we traded our 3023,2005 in on a 3326ks back in dec.it has lot more storage and room.my tv mileage on 3023 was 17.5 miles/gallon.3326 17.2 miles/gallon.my tv is a 2005 chevy crew cab,5.3 v8.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:37 AM   #3
lnussbau

I'd love to have had the 3326K, but my tow vehicle and garage space dictated a smaller unit.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
Dixielou

Default The 3326K TrailManor

We love "the big one"--the 3326K TrailManor. To answer your question directly, Chuck C C, there is absolutely no reason why one should avoid this model. We have had three TM's, the last two being "the big one". Of course, as has been pointed out, they cost more and require a tow vehicle that can pull a minimum of 5000 lbs. And regardless of what trailer one owns, you need a place to keep it when not in use. But other than the just mentioned obvious considerations, there are no inherent characteristics of this model that would place it in the undesirable category.

There are numerous reasons why Dixie and I enjoy our 3326K. For one, the side dinette contributes to the livability of the unit. The side dinette, along with the generous counter top, provides ample food preparation space. It's also so much nicer eating in the side dinette than on the living room swing-up table(s). If my dear wife is working on a quilting project in the living room, or if I am reading/writing, etc., there is no need to put it all away at meal time. The extra storage space of the 3326K is great for my wife (who taught nutrition and food preparation) and enjoys cooking well prepared meals even when camping. The additional storage space of this unit also makes longer trips more comfortable and convenient.

All of our TM's have had king size beds. If one needs to get up at night, there is no need to crawl over one's spouse, since we sleep lengthwise with the trailer. This big bed also provides plenty of space for my C-PAP machine (a shoe box size device that forces air into my breathing passages), required because of my sleep apnea. The comfort and pleasures of a king size bed is limited only by one's imagination!

The 3326K is a very cozy and home-like trailer. It is a rolling motel room which is as easy to tow as the shortest of TM's. I also feel a bit safer pulling a trailer with dual axles, although the safety of a trailer is undoubtedly due to other factors as well. All in all, we have never regretted investing in the 3326K--"the big one".
Old 03-24-2007, 05:39 PM   #5
tucsoncarol
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck C C View Post
Lots of TM owners like the fact that they can store their TM in a garage. This is not possible with the big one. We love our 3326K like you can't imagine but have to store it off site. If you have a big yard, this isn't a problem. I don't know anyone on this forum who has one and doesn't like it. There may be disgruntled 3326K owners out there somewhere, I just don't know any. It is spacious, comfortable, homey and easy to tow. Any reason NOT to own one is probably the same no matter what model you want (climb in bed, big undefined storage areas, limited storage and counter space, small refrigerator, recirculating toilet, etc.) My hubby is big, 6'6" and he is comfortable in this unit. Read below to see that it gets crowded in our TM, but it still feels like home. We chose the 3326K to be as comfortable as we can be on long vacations. It is clearly the right choice for us.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:20 PM   #6
Chuck C C

Default The Big One

Thank you all for your comments!
Old 03-24-2007, 06:28 PM   #7
dlkcub

I think the main reason people avoid them is cost, TV, and storage. We bought ours used, already had the TV, and can store it outside beside the house. The main reason we wanted the 3326 was for the side dinette. We also enjoy the extra space. Can't wait to get it uncovered and on the road.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:41 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlkcub View Post
I think the main reason people avoid them is cost, TV, and storage.
Yup, that sums it up for us. And my wife agrees that with a 2720SL, we have "right size" for us.

But two weeks ago, we went on a trip with some of our friends from pre-retirement days in NH. We had described TMs in such glowing terms that they bought a new 3326, and a Tundra to tow it with. She is a great cook. He is a great entertainer and conversalionalist. They insisted on entertaining us in their TM all 3 evenings.

My wife now covets - absolutely COVETS! - a 3326. What a nice interior layout! So what am I to do??? It won't fit in our garage!

But I suppose that if I win one in the annual TM lottery (just kidding, there's no such thing), I'll find a way to park it!

If you can handle a 3326 in terms of tow vehicle and storage, it will be a GREAT choice!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:20 AM   #9
riverrat

Dixielou,
I have an 06 Ridgeline also but never considered that I would be able to pull a 3326k. We have not been able to make the purchase yet, but thought the 3326k would be too much for the Ridgeline if we went up much in elevation. How has the RL worked out for you towing the 3326k? Would love to get the 3326k if my RL will handle it.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:49 PM   #10
EdfromMaine

I have the same question. Can a truck like the Rigeline (5,000 lb tow rating but weighing 4,500lbs with a 6 cyl, 5 speed auto) tow the 3326k without too much difficulty?