TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Welcome Mat - Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2017, 06:20 PM   #1
tmrebel

Default New owner smilies for a new-to-us TM

Hi Everyone! We have been surfing this forum for almost a year now. Purchased a new to us 1999 TM 2720, last April. Been wanting one for well over 10 years. My computer crashed a few months ago, so the before pics are MIA. (We wont get into how one of my externals doesnt work with win 10) For being an oldie, it was much loved by the previous original family. Only garaged when not in use. They took over 2 hours to give us the rundown on how to operate everything and were so happy, knowing their old girl was going to a loving new home.

As a female, I decided the interior is much too outdated, so have been slowly updating, such as the curtains and will def replace the hunter green carpet. Changing out the fake brass fixtures for a more updated fake brushed nickle. Have a list for $$$ items, such as two 6v batteries, new propane tanks, isolator for TV, (already learned that issue), and the list grows as we read the forum. Need minor exterior fixes such as re-screen the front rock guard...have frame but no shield. Some tweaking needed for clamps that hold her closed and the rear track/arm thingy's under the QB that swing out to hold it up is in need of some new guide to help it slide....who new duck tape "doesn't" have a use... I am probably making it seem like its a total fixer, but it really isnt at all.

We are excited about getting ready to use it for our upcoming road trip through eastern California, OR, WA, then back down the coastal side. Have no real destination plan as far as where we are staying for over-nites. Just hoping to boon dock it. I feel like if we have reservations we have to hurry and we might miss something...HA!

Anyway, I finally realized that I could have been posting on here sooner. Now that I have joined and committed... I see that there "IS" way more info to be had. Thank you for having this site!

Rebel
tmrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:06 PM   #2
campernurse2012
Site Sponsor

This is truly a wonderful forum with lots of info! We replaced our flooring last year and did the bathroom updates to the shower walls with clear vinyl shower curtains. It is truly the best 12$ you could spend . Whenever I've had a question or problem someone always helps me out ! Welcome to the forum and happy travels!
Texas
campernurse2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:54 PM   #3
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Welcome to the forum and yer first post.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:07 PM   #4
mecicon
TrailManor Master

Thumbs up Howdy

Welcome aboard, love the avatar!
'01 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3 L PSD 4WD (Rudolph) (Sold)
'18 Keystone Cougar 29BHS (Sold)
'15 Prime Tracer 25BHS (Traded)
'06 TrailManor 2619 (Traded)

:cwmddd:
mecicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:19 AM   #5
Gwenne & Len

Welcome to the Forum!! Truly a place of so much wisdom and so many great ideas. Most of all, folks here are so helpful and willing to share. It's fun to have a 'community' of cool people from all over the country......and TM people are VERY cool!
2012 Highlander
Leelanau County, Michigan
Gwenne & Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:31 PM   #6
TMfor4ofus

Welcome to the forum! Keep us posted on the updates to your TM. I always like to see what people are doing and get ideas!
Old 03-24-2017, 02:48 PM   #7
tmrebel

HI! Thanks for the welcomes everyone. I will sure keep you updated.
I just took some before images before I modify anything. I plan to keep an album. Prob on flickr. Lets see if it works...

https://flic.kr/ps/GJbq1

I have already removed the curtains and tore up a corner of the carpet. I just had to know what I have to work with under it. Paint colors and design are in the process of being chosen. Picked out peel and stick flooring. I have 5 days off starting next weekend, so let the fun begin...whoohoo!
1999 Dodge Ram Quad Cab/3500 Cummins Dually
Old 03-24-2017, 06:59 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I'm looking forward to your pictures.

I hate on-line photo-sharing sites, mostly because they tend to disappear without warning, or to remove your content without warning. We lost a lot when Picassa folded, for example. (I know, they didn't really fold, but all the links went dead, and the owner had to so something specific to retain his content.) But KodakGallery, Webshots, and Panoramio also folded. And many of the ones that survive require you to join, get a password, or something else unhandy. As the Forum Moderator, people think I should be able to handle all this - but there is nothing I can do except listen to the groaning and growling.

Please consider setting up an album right here in the TMO forum. It is easy, and guaranteed to survive as long as the forum survives. The TMO albums are not very elaborate, but they are a great place for stashing photos that are of interest to the group.

Check out the link to one of my Albums in my signature. Mine are among the simplest albums on earth - a simple stash of pictures. But albums can get a bit more elaborate. Let me know if you'd like any help.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:55 AM   #9
tmrebel

Thank you for helping with the album Bill. Much appreciated. Also, good in-put regarding the cracked toilet seat. I will check into that.

Rebel
1999 Dodge Ram Quad Cab/3500 Cummins Dually