TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
kn1ghtus

Default just got a 2720sl 2006 and having a few problems

Hello everyone a few weeks back I bought a 2720SL 2006 and am finally trying to break it in (we are losing our foster kids people promised us we could adopt and have spent too many days in court or working over time trying to pay off lawyer fees)

1. I cannot get the fridge to light, the little inticator never goes to the green no matter how long I told it down. Stove/furnace works so--- not sure what to do there?! I have done searches and have held it down for 100 seconds etc.

2. How the HECK do I fill the hot water heater or does it do it automatically? I tell it to light, and it just stays red for 5 seconds then stops, the forum and book and Ed's PDF says that means it isn't lighting too... So--- I dont' know what to do with that.

3. I have a leak under the bathroom sink I cannot tighten by hand and even broke out some wrenches and tightened things to the poitn I felt safe doing it...

Thoughts?!
Old 06-04-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Knightus -

First, please don't ask multiple unrelated questions in the same post. It makes it hard for people who have the same problem in the future to find your question, and the answer.

Second, please don't ask the same question in more than one thread. It divides the answers, so that no set of answers is complete. In this case, the answer to the refrig thread is in the other place where you asked - I will combine the threads in a few days.

To fill the water heater, you simply hook up the garden hose to the water fill port on the outside of the trailer, and turn on the water supply. Then go inside the trailer and turn on any hot water faucet - kitchen sink faucet is easiest. There will be a lot of air coming out of the faucet, then after 30 to 60 seconds a bunch of splurting and burping, and then finally a solid stream of water coming out of the faucet. At this point your water heater is filled.

If you don't have city water, then you fill the fresh water tank through the larger outside fill port, then go inside the trailer and turn on the water pump. Once again, turn on a hot water faucet, wait for the air, then the splurting and burping, then the solid stream of water. At this point it is filled.

You should not light the gas burner until the water heater is filled. And you MUST not turn on the electric heater element until the water heater is filled, since doing so will burn out the heating element almost immediately.

As to lighting the water heater. You need to understand that the red light does not indicate that the water heater is lit, but that it is Trying to Light (that should be the name of the light - the Trying to Light light). Once the burner is lit, the light goes out, indicating success. This is properly reflected in Ed's Checklist, as well as in Mike and Kelly's User Manual and in the tutorial titled Intro to the TM Water Heater. I know you are in a hurry to get going, but perhaps you need to slow down a bit, and read them again. By the way, Ed is wrong, I think, about lockout. The water heater will go through the Trying to Light cycle 3 times before lockout, not once.

Hope this helps.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
rumbleweed

There is a small shut off valve in the gas line near the gas solenoid for the fridge. It is accessible from the lower outside fridge access door. Check to see if it is on. The fridge uses a small gas flow and if there is any air on the line it takes a while ( several light tries) to clear the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kn1ghtus View Post
Hello everyone a few weeks back I bought a 2720SL 2006 and am finally trying to break it in (we are losing our foster kids people promised us we could adopt and have spent too many days in court or working over time trying to pay off lawyer fees)

1. I cannot get the fridge to light, the little inticator never goes to the green no matter how long I told it down. Stove/furnace works so--- not sure what to do there?! I have done searches and have held it down for 100 seconds etc.

2. How the HECK do I fill the hot water heater or does it do it automatically? I tell it to light, and it just stays red for 5 seconds then stops, the forum and book and Ed's PDF says that means it isn't lighting too... So--- I dont' know what to do with that.

3. I have a leak under the bathroom sink I cannot tighten by hand and even broke out some wrenches and tightened things to the poitn I felt safe doing it...

Thoughts?!