TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
Subzilla

Default Storage

We've been eyeballing TM's for the last 5 years since we saw one at a campground on the NC Outer Banks. Purchase is in the future but not here yet. We have a Coleman popup currently.

Question: Where do you guys store dirty "outside" items like a water hose, wheel blocks, tools, extension cord....? I have a storage bin on the tongue of the popup where I throw this stuff. I don't see anything like that on the TM.

Question 2: Can items be hauled on the top with a rack? Or maybe the question should be can a rack be installed? We have a sea kayak we carry on the popup.

Thanks!!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
klv5920

If you are used to a popup, you will love a TM.
Our water hose, sewer hose and some other items go in the back bumper of our 3023. We also have a locked space outside at the back of our TM that you cannot open until the back is pulled up. We put other miscellaneous stuff such a extensions cords, grill extra hose, etc in there. We keep wheel blocks, levelers, jack pads and most tools in our TV so we can get to them before we set up the TM.
As far as carrying anything on top, the recommendation is not to. We have a kayak also and carry it on our TV.

It is a great camper. Hope you can get one soon!!

Karen
Old 04-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #3
Scott O

I agree with Karen's post above. Quite a bit will fit inside the bumper. I believe other storage will depend on the model you choose. Coming from a popup, as many of us have, you are used to the reduced storage space and the fact that everything must be stored low. Check the TM website for floor plans of the different models, and visit a dealer if there is one in your area. Nothing like "kicking the tires" yourself! And don't hesitate to ask questions...we love our TMs!
Old 04-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

You didn't say what size you are looking at, but I just wanted to let you know that the 2417 (new model) has the same storage setup as the larger units - dump hose in the rear bumper, and two roomy closets accessed from outside, after the shell is opened. We also carry leveling equipment in the TV.

We also upgraded from a popup, and feel the 2417 is about as nimble as our popup, and can get way off-road like the popup. Enjoy your looking, as they are great units.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
Subzilla

Thanks for the replies. Not sure what size yet and haven't checked one out in person. Good to hear there is storage available. Didn't realize the bumper was a location, very cool. Yup, definitely need to go see one!