TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Feedback to TrailManor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
Dstrand100

Default Customer Service

Sorry for this lengthy post. Has anyone recently contacted (or tried to contact) Trailmanor parts department for help or information? This past Tuesday and Thursday I tried to ask a question about the availability of a bike receiver for my 2720SL. I left my name and phone number on their recorder because no one answered the parts phone. By Thursday, I hadn't gotten a call so I tried again. This time the switchboard person asked whether I was an owner or a dealer. When I told them I was an owner and wanted to speak to someone in parts, I was told that all questions must now go through a dealer because of the new organization, etc, etc, etc. I persisted because my nearest Trailmanor dealer is 4-hours away in Huntsville, AL. My call was forwarded to parts, but again, no one answered the phone. I called Bankston Motor Homes in Huntsville and told them what I was interested in and they got back to me with a price of $242.20. When I asked what would I be getting for my money, that is, specifically how I would attach the receiver to the trailer, I was told that he would have to contact Trailmanor again and get back to me, but he was sure the "Trailmanor would send me what I needed." This doesn't seem like very good customer service. Has anyone had a similar experience recently? Thanks.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

I tried the same thing for curtains. Was told they are not in the parts business that I had to go through a dealer. I ordered the set of curtains from a dealer and they came in a box labeled from trailmanor. I was hoping for the hardware that mounts the tracks they sold me but it was not included nor were instructions or any type of template. The sales person was nice though.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

I guess this is just part of the new world order. You could look at it this way TM is protecting the dealers by making us buy parts through the dealership.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #4
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
I guess this is just part of the new world order. You could look at it this way TM is protecting the dealers by making us buy parts through the dealership.
It might be that the new world order requires getting the business back online with limited resources. It's good news that we still have dealers, right?
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
househunterlives

Default Dealers

[FONT="Courier New"][/FONT
Ordering parts from a dealer would be great if there as enough dealers to cover geo areas. Since there are not enough TM dealers it only makes good business since for TM to offer some kind of online parts sales. A online parts and support would boots TM image which in turn boots sales. I buy a lot of car parts online from different vendors. I never go to the dealership for parts. The nearest TM dealer for me is two states away. Do you think I am going to get in my car and drive to the dealer? Don't think so. This could be the driving force for someone to buy or not to buy a TM.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Adventure View Post
I might be that the new world order requires getting the business back online with limited resources. It's good news that we still have dealers, right?
Mr A you could be right, the problem for us is the dealer in Fl and I can't deal with each other which means getting TM specific parts out of Tx for us. That said others may not have a problem with the Fl dealer. A couple from Ocala, Fl we met on the BRPW were quite satisfied with the Fl dealer.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

Let’s hope some enterprising dealer creates an on line parts ordering service. I wouldn’t think it would be too hard, just check once a day for orders and have your parts department fill them. If shipping and handling were reasonable and customer service was good I would think they would get most of the business out there. I don’t know how I got along without the internet.

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #8
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

Maybe TrailManor wanted to reduce their workload of dealing with all the customer parts requests by having the dealers handle parts. However, given that dealers won't want to stock parts, I bet TrailManor is getting as many calls from dealers as they were getting from customers.

So my second thought is that this is a way for TrailManor is keep dealers as dealers by allowing them to get a piece of the pie. Dealers will apply a markup and make money in addition to unit sales. OK fair enough but if they do little to no "value-added" services and the parts are only drop shipped from the factory anyhow, then it is the customer getting the raw deal.

But if this new way of selling parts through dealers (only) is making it better for TrailManor and better for dealers, then in a small way, us owners of TrailManor units are also winners. After all, how happy would we be if TrailManor was out of business and no parts were available?
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #9
Tuscany Bandit

Default Parts from TM dealers

I had no trouble ordering a Trailmanor part I request from CustomRV (a TrailManor Dealer) in Southern California.

Direct Telephone # for parts: Gena (714) 630-8410
Email Address for parts: [email protected]
Old 02-21-2012, 07:15 AM   #10
bell
Site Sponsor

Default Where to get parts

Down the road 5 miles from the factory (trailmanor)is Twin Cove Marine Sales,Jacksboro TN, phone 423-562-4984--is a Trailmanor dealer and a parts dealer for Trailmanor.Ask for Jim. He picks the parts up at the factory.