TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #1
Camperwantabe

Cool Proud to be a TM owner

My wife and I have been looking at TM for a couple months now and there just wasn't any in our area. A friend of mine was telling me about a friend of his that had a Hi Lo for sale. Well, it turned out to be a 2005 3023 TM. We went and looked at it and fell in love with its simplicity and how cool it works. I was kinda skeptical about how great everyone was saying about it. Needless to say we are looking forward to next spring so we can take it out and camp. All the stories I have been reading about this unit have been a big help in knowing and understanding the TM.
Thanks to all of you.

M and L
Old 10-19-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Congratulations!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
ng2951

Congrats! I know you will enjoy it...
Old 10-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #4
clown9644

Congratulations on your purchase. I own a year older of the same model and love it. I have spent about 30 days in it over this summer and will be spending 90 in it in Florida hiding from the snow (I HOPE!). Remember to check all of your seams for good caulking, get the bearings and brakes inspected cause you don't know if the previous owner did the proper maintenance on the unit, unless you got it from a reputable dealer. I know you will have many happy memories in it. Bear and I sure are making ours.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:13 PM   #5
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Congrats and thanks for joining the forum! I'm getting my TM ready for a trip and even with the little things that need to be fixed here and there, just like any house, I wouldn't go back to tent camping for anything! The scouts can camp on the beach and I'll be fine in my home away from home on the electric loop.
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camperwantabe View Post
My wife and I have been looking at TM for a couple months now and there just wasn't any in our area. A friend of mine was telling me about a friend of his that had a Hi Lo for sale. Well, it turned out to be a 2005 3023 TM. We went and looked at it and fell in love with its simplicity and how cool it works. I was kinda skeptical about how great everyone was saying about it. Needless to say we are looking forward to next spring so we can take it out and camp. All the stories I have been reading about this unit have been a big help in knowing and understanding the TM.
Thanks to all of you.

M and L
Welcome to the club, and let us know if there's anything you need!

(be sure you winterize it properly before it gets too cold)
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #7
Scottie Dogs

Thumbs up

Congratulations on your new purchase!!!

(Clown9644) gave you some good advice (above). I got my TM from a dealer in May and a couple of months ago I had the wheels serviced I was not sure if they were ever checked, sure enough they were in bad shape the pads were not good and grease all over. Now I feel safe driving.

I got my portable air compressor the other day and charged it for 16 hours and checked all my tires on my vehicles and no cord just great just walk around. So I decided to check my spare tire on the TM, so I pulled the pins and dropped it down and pulled it out. This was my first time doing this, the tire had 20 pounds in it. Well I filled it up to 50 pounds and put it back on the rack, lubed the sliding rail and then tried to put the pins back in, WHAT A JOB, when the tire is full. Best to do this before you go on a long trip. I am still learning

Dave
Old 10-20-2011, 01:43 PM   #8
Camperwantabe

The people I bought the TM from said all they ever did was open the drain lines and open faucets above and let it drain. They said they never used RV antifreeze ever. My question for the water heater is,,,will it drain enough by itself or does it need more attention? What about the drain traps... do they need antifreeze in them? Input would be helpful.
M and L
2005 3023
2004 Honda Pilot TV
Old 10-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #9
Scottie Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camperwantabe View Post
The people I bought the TM from said all they ever did was open the drain lines and open faucets above and let it drain. They said they never used RV antifreeze ever. My question for the water heater is,,,will it drain enough by itself or does it need more attention? What about the drain traps... do they need antifreeze in them? Input would be helpful.
M and L
2005 3023
2004 Honda Pilot TV
Here is a link I found on search. Hope this helps. http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ht=winterizing

Dave
Old 10-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #10
Tom-417

I see you are in Wyoming so definitely you need to put RV antifreeze in the drains. It is cheap so it is the best "insurance" you will ever buy. A cup would probably be enough but I always use a little more. I open the drain valve under the water heater and then open the pressure relief valve to let it bleed better. Then leave a note on the counter to remind you to close all the valves next spring. There are 4 valves to drain the fresh water, gray and black water tanks. Take your manual into the house so you can thumb through it and dream about next summer's trips in your TM.