TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
kennyb

Default Just picked it up!

Just picked up a used 1999 3124ks for free.
Was really suprised that my ford explorer pulled it no prob.
Was really let down when I opened it and found wood rot on frnt & rear clam shell .
I can say that all applances and a/c work and look great.The lower box and frame are good. The rot is on the top and bottom sides and the roof sags in center by the a/c on rear section.The front section when up and open ,needs to be raised about 2in on one frnt corner to be level [I can pick it up by hand] the slack is in the support arm in the top somewhere in the hinge where it pivoits in the side wall. I suppose at the price of these things new , that buying new frnt and rear shells or shell walls are not cost effective that being this camper is 11 yrs old. Any comments or suggestions on this before she goes to the scrap yard . Im a mech by trade so labor and job ability shouldnt be an issue.