TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
CampAllDay

Default electric trolley/dolly - swing around tongue

Hi there,

I have been researching TMs for a while now and I am intrigued by the unique design of the TM. The garage-ability of the TM is an important factor for us, which eliminates storage somewhere else and makes a last-minute camping weekend trip so much more possible and easier.

1) My garage is 21 feet and a few inches deep. With a swing around tongue, a 3023 model would be possible to store in my garage, but it would be a tight fit. To the question: If I buy a used 3023 TM that does not have a swing around tongue, are there shops that can modify the tongue to make it swing around?

2) I am also wondering how to get the TM into my garage. Is its weight light enough so that my husband and I can 'push' it into the garage? Or is an electric/gas trolley/dolly needed? (BTW: I love this video: .). This trolley could also help me navigate into a camping lot.

3) And last question: Is the size of the 3023 too big? In other words, will we be turned down in state and national camping grounds?

Thanks and I really enjoy this forum and have learned a lot.

CampAllDay

Tags
garage storage, swing hitch