TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2004, 01:06 PM   #1
hal

Default Mckesh Mirrors

I have used McKesh mirrors for about three years now and can say only good things about them. Before I had them, I had those slide on type, that true to their design, kept sliding off as well. In fact while traveling in Wyoming a state patrolman stopped me with them and issued a warning ticket for not have adequate vision toward my rear. I have never seen anyone so irate.

Anyway, because I remove my mirrors when the car is run through the car wash, they have become increasingly filthy. When I reinstall them, I turn the tightening knob so many clicks that it hurts my fingers. I want them to be as tight as is possible. Well, I noticed how dirty the mirrors were and lay them on the grass to hand wash them. Everything, including the straps were thoroughly soaked and cleaned. I then rehung them on my doors and also tightened them as best I could. I would have liked them to be even tighter. Something happened, that I need to be re-assured it not my imagination. As the straps dried, they seemed to shrink, thus making my mirrors tighter than I had ever been able to get them before. There was almost no vibration of the mirrors as I drove down the highway. Someone, please try soaking the straps before attaching the mirrors to the door and tell me I am not loosing my grip.

Hal