TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Frame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-08-2007, 08:18 PM   #11
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Is it reasonable to conclude that, over time, the trailer tracking incorrectly (with the right side ahead of the left) could contribute to the tire blowout?

Could running down the road crooked generate excess heat since the tread is not inline with the direction of travel?
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:17 AM   #12
larsdennert

Did you ever come to any conclusion on this? I plan on checking mine but the only reason I could see to make the door side further back would be that it has less weight on it. Ergo the appliance side would compress that arm more and swing it closer to the back of the TM making it equal to the door side. Maybe after filling the TM with water and such they are equal.

Edit:: So I'm getting ready for a trip today and took a look at mine. The wheel has the same bias. Maybe 1/2" or so. Then I filled my water tank and looked again and both sides were pretty equal. I bet if I'd have filled the water heater it would be perfect. Looks like TM has thought this through already!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:28 AM   #13
FightinIrish

So are you saying in order to keep it tracking evenly, fill the water tank when traveling. The couple times I have used the TM, as I am a new owner, I just figured if I wasn't boodocking, I'd keep the weight off the axle and fill up at the campground.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:42 AM   #14
mtnguy

FightinIrish,

I believe you are doing it correctly now. If you don't need that extra 200 lbs or so on the TM axle, then don't......fill up at the campground, and empty the toilet and holding tank when you leave.

Chap
Old 10-17-2007, 03:03 PM   #15
larsdennert

No, I'm saying that when you put water in, the distance between the frame and wheels is the same on both sides. I believe the tracking will not change noticably either way. I can't speak for TM's reasoning. LOL
Old 10-18-2007, 01:33 PM   #16
FightinIrish

After reading your post yesterday I went home and inspected the wells/tires and on my 2720 the distance is the same on both sides. 1 1/2" from the frame member to the tire.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:10 AM   #17
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

Just read these follow-up posts. I basically decided to ignore it for the time being. The axle was mounted wrong, and it does track slightly to the one side. I contacted Trailmanor, and being that it is no longer under warranty and the fact that I'm not the original owner, they wouldn't pay to fix it.....even though it's fairly obvious that it was like that when it left the factory.

But I know the previous owner traveled many thousands of miles on the original tires that were on the trailer when I bought it, and obviously they hadn't blown out (that was for me to take care of) and the tread had not worn noticeably uneven. The distance between the tire and frame do not change substantially loaded or empty. It tracks the same way (off center) whether I have it full of water and waste or not.

I would certainly like to get it corrected so that it would track perfectly, but I haven't found a compelling reason to make it worth the hassle or cost factor at this point.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote