TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-23-2002, 03:40 PM   #11
Happytrails

Default Re: Older Models

Gene, mine's a 1986.....it has the same plumbing. (Stuff that resists freezing). The grey stuff.............

Happytrails...........
Old 06-24-2002, 05:35 AM   #12
Gene

Happytrails,
I tend to disagree with you. You have the old type of plastic plumbing. All later brand  of RVs manufactured now use plastic tubing that will expand instead of burst if it freezes. If I am wrong, please, somebody let me know.
Old 06-24-2002, 07:16 AM   #13
oilspot

I spoke to Jimmy Davis today about the older models.  Unfortunately he couldn't give me a rundown of when they changed/improved designs.

He confirmed that around the 1996 timeframe the made the following improvements:  6-gal water heater (vs 3-gal),  white window trim (vs black), radius instead of square (windows or trailer?), 20-gal fresh water tank (vs 11-gal), and prewired for stereo system.

Sounds like Gene's information is correct.
Old 06-24-2002, 09:27 AM   #14
RickNewcomb
Site Sponsor

I have a 1999 2619. I have the 3-gal water heater, black window trim, radius windows, 20-gal fresh water tank, and no prewired for stereo system.

I'm guessing the transition may have started in 1996. But in the 1999 model, I still have some of the older features.
RickNewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 10:09 AM   #15
Happytrails

Well, mine's a 1986, as far as I know, it does have the grey plumbing....and nothing's bursted in it. But then again, there was antifreeze in the system when I first hooked everything up with the water and all. As far as the windows, I think that's something that changed in the 1987 models.....from square to radius. At least the 1987's I've seen on the net for sale had radius windows as opposed to square ones like mine. This was due to the fact that they stopped making the square ones. (Window manufacturers). As I inquired about it to Jimmy Davis, and he said I'd have to make my own to replace a broken one....which I did at a cost of only $15.00. Mine does have a 3 gallon water heater, but does have a 20 gallon tank. (Perhaps a difference in the model?!?) Dunno. Mine's also not prewired for the stereo, that's something I'll have to do myself, but shouldn't be a problem. With the shorter reefer, I have plenty of room for stuff.   One other change I've noticed in the newer TM's is the cove used where the wall meets the ceiling is much wider than the stuff in mine. it's almost 1.5"-2"wide, whereas mine's only 1" wide. (I ordered some from TM, and it was NOTICABLY wider.....I had to send it back).

Happytrails.....