TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-30-2001, 07:27 AM   #1

Default Trailmanor Covers

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that is making covers that fit Trailmanors?        
Old 07-30-2001, 01:35 PM   #2

Default Re: Trailmanor Covers

Try www.calmark.com.  They made a cover for my 99 3124 King. Its been durable and functional.
Old 07-31-2001, 01:44 AM   #3

www.calmark.com markets electronic packaging products and electro-mechanical assemblies... didn't find any trailer covers. :-/
Old 07-31-2001, 04:48 AM   #4

Oops! that should have been www.calmarkinc.com.  Sorry about that.  If that doesn't work, search "calmark" on Yahoo.
Old 07-31-2001, 05:11 AM   #5

Thanks Slim. I found the page and requested a quote. We have the same trailer.... what'd the cover cost you?
Old 07-31-2001, 12:30 PM   #6

At a recent TrailManor rally I posed the cover question to some very experienced and knowledgeable owners. The consensus seemed to be to not, repeat not, cover the trailer. The explanation was that the roughness of the cover would wear off the paint and cause more damage than protection.
Don't blame the messenger for the message.
I personally don't buy the argument for our situation. We store the trailer under a big maple tree and if you have ever seen what wet leaves do to any flat surface you would not want that to happen to the top of your trailer.
The compromise would seem to be to cover the trailer but don't let the cover touch the paint by some sort of a framework.
Dick
Old 08-01-2001, 01:54 AM   #7

I've covered my TM for over a year and have had no problems with paint degradation but I did have a problem with pecan tree sap, crepe myrtle sap and blossoms and sap from nearby cedar trees.  Additionally, the sun in the South rapidly degrades the three plastic roof vents and the a/c unit cover.  So, at best, its a trade-off--which causes the least damage and upkeep.  Since I can't afford to build a shelter or garage for the TM, the cover was the next best option--conventional wisdom aside.  Like all of the good advice and suggestions on this board, you have to factor in your circumstances, needs and desires before trying to make something work for you.  Happy camping. :-/
Old 08-01-2001, 01:39 PM   #8

when we bought our TM we asked about a cover for it and we were advised not to buy one.  the cover holds moisture in (which can cause rusting of some parts), and will not let the TM get any air circulation.  we bought one of those portable framed car ports from wal-mart and the Tm fits perfectly under it.  We are going to put tarps around the ends and sides for the winter months.  we think this is a good solution for us.  the car port cost about $700 but in the long run thats not a bad price to protect out little home away from home on wheels.    this is a great site.  thanks for letting me part of it.  Betty  :
Old 08-02-2001, 03:52 AM   #9

Betty:

In my own humble opinion, if you were to use a cheap cover, or a tarp on your TM, (or anything else, for that matter), yes, it would hold in moisture and cause damage,,,,but,,,, a "good" cover will breathe. Meaning, it will let the moisture out. The weave is fine enough to hold out drops of water, but open enough to let water vapors out.

That's one reason some covers are so expensve.

Again, not saying you were told wrong, just my opinion, nothing more.

Mack
Old 08-02-2001, 10:55 AM   #10

I purchased a good quality canvas tarp (one that can breathe) to cover our TM and have never had a problem with mildew or moisture.  Everyone to their own, but I think the weather protection is worth the investment.