TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2015, 05:46 PM   #1
sparkett788

Default 1990 TM 28' towed by a 2006 Chevy Colorado

There's a TM for sale about 2-3 hours away. The guy has no idea of what he has--owned by a neighbor, given to his mother and now the guy is selling it for his mom. Asking price is $2500. I called the TM factory (great customer service, especially since I don't own one and asking about a USED one). They said they didn't make a 1990 28'. But the 1990 27' weighed in at 2533 pounds. My truck hauls 3100 pounds according to the manual in the glove box, and the dealership--I asked. Chevy Colorado with the 5 cylinder engine, 2WD, and I don't know much else. Had a hole for a towing hitch, but I understand that does not mean a 'towing package', so I really don't know. Ok, I've figured out that it's right at its limit there and I will be getting a stronger tow vehicle. BUT can I haul this thing home until I get another vehicle is my question. I called the owner and he says the only thing on the TM says Trail Manor 28. I'm going down Monday (4 days from now) to see it. No interior pics yet.
Also after reading long and hard, I think I understand the tongue weight can be changed by placement of certain items--generator on front, cargo being moved, etc. Is this right? Gosh, girls are so silly!!
Providing it's in good shape and I buy it, can I safely tow it home--slowly? No breaking any speed records.
Very up in the air about a new tow vehicle, but wanting a SUV type. Again, a girl question....2006 Chevy Colorado, with extended cab, no dents, good shape, and 51,000 miles. Can anyone help with a asking price. Looked up similar trucks on craigslist, but all have 100K+ miles. With this low mileage, can't I ask more? What a mouthful!! Thanks for any help at all.