Vent Cover for Fan-Tastic Fan?

New Reply
Subscription Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
09-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Question Vent Cover for Fan-Tastic Fan?

I recently purchased a Fan-Tastic Fan vent cover from Camping World to place over our fan to allow use in the rain. The instructions discuss removing existing vent fan screws and attaching the supplied brackets for proper installation. I have no existing / exposed screws and the vent, with back grate, do not look to fit well.

Is there a specific vent cover that I should be using? What has everyone else used to cover their fantastic fan vent?

Thanks in advance for any input / help you can give!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan-Tastic Fan.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	9161   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan-Tastic Fan Vent Cover.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	9162  

09-18-2013, 06:08 PM

Wish I could help, I'm waiting for that answer also.
09-18-2013, 07:13 PM
brulaz

I bought the vent cover made by the Fantastic Fan people specifically for their fan. This looks like it: http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...er-white/58894

Like yours, it asks you to mount the brackets on existing screws - and there are none. And when I took the old fan out for other reasons, there's nothing really to screw into except thin Al and foam anyway.

So I got 4 stainless steel bolts and self-locking nuts and drilled right through the trailer's shell to mount the brackets. And used a lot of 3M 4002 polyurethane Marine Adhesive under the mounting brackets and in the bolt holes.

Hasn't blown off over the last year.. But now I have to tear it all apart so I can do a complete replacement of the Fantastic Fan. The motor's mounting struts are cracked and wobbling causing it to make a horrible racket. My JB Weld and wire repair lasted a year but now there's another crack and the JB Weld itself is cracked. Just got a new fan.
09-18-2013, 08:24 PM

I have always used the MaxAir Fan/Mate for this application. It comes with all necessary mounting hardware.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...ling-fan/49155
09-19-2013, 09:52 AM

This is the one I used on mine. I had no problem mounting it.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...er-white/37732
10-07-2013, 09:26 AM

I returned the Fantastic-Fan vent cover and picked up the Max-Air unit recommended by mjlaupp. Install was tricky (limited space to mount the hardware next to the air conditioner) but all was done in about an hour. Here's a blurry cell phone picture to show my high-quality install!

Thanks for the recommendations and guidance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131006_104241.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	506.2 KB
ID:	9214  
10-07-2013, 10:14 AM
JBYRNE7844
Default Fantastic Fan cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sopper View Post
I recently purchased a Fan-Tastic Fan vent cover from Camping World to place over our fan to allow use in the rain. The instructions discuss removing existing vent fan screws and attaching the supplied brackets for proper installation. I have no existing / exposed screws and the vent, with back grate, do not look to fit well.
This summer I covered all vents in on my TM. Maxair for the non powered vents and the one specificaly for the fantastic fan.

There is excellent video's that can be found at the Fantastic Fan web site.
We really like having the vent covers, a nice and easy mod.

Jimmy
New Reply