TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Trailmanor Elkmont Models
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #11
brulaz

John (RedHawk) would know whether any of this applies to the folding Trailmanors, as he owned one before the Elk.

Here's Another Furnace Thread
Old 02-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #12
Carol Hagy

Default Elkmont

Hi all - I'm looking at the Elkmont with the bunks. I've had a TrailManor 1619 (I think that was the size). I had to sell though a few years ago. I'm looking for something I don't have to put together. No real questions yet. Just reading different things you guys are talking about.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #13
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol Hagy View Post
Hi all - I'm looking at the Elkmont with the bunks. I've had a TrailManor 1619 (I think that was the size). I had to sell though a few years ago. I'm looking for something I don't have to put together. No real questions yet. Just reading different things you guys are talking about.
We're still here. Most of us did choose thr Elkmont over the folding for the "less hassle" part. But they're also extremely light weight and have lots kitchen space for a 24' trailer. Not sure about the bunk models though.

We've been looking at larger upright trailers, and I've yet to come across anything close. Maybe the Lance trailer.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #14
camp2canoe

We would have bought the largest Elkmont if it was still made. We wound up buying a Keystone Bullet 246RBS from Pontiac RV in Pontiac, Illinois. They were easy to deal with and gave us a fair trade in on our '05 TM 2619.

For what it may be worth, we thought TrailManor's build quality was superior to the Keystone. Our sink drain wasn't hooked up so the kitchen sink flooded the kitchen the first time we did dishes. The following weekend we had another kitchen leak. (Who carpets the enclosed cabinet under the sink cabinet where the plumbing lines run?) As we were putting it away for the winter, I paid to have the dealer do the winterization - if it leaks again when we use it this April I didn't want to have them blame further leaks on our improper winterization.

On the other hand, the bathroom is larger than our home bathrooms and has both a porcelain flush toilet and an outside entrance. We don't miss the Thetford! - camp2canoe
Old 02-27-2013, 09:58 AM   #15
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp2canoe View Post
We would have bought the largest Elkmont if it was still made.

Maybe they'll come back. The Al-Foam-Al laminate construction is truly unique in the industry, and the Elkmont 24' has an exceptional layout for a non-slideout model

For what it may be worth, we thought TrailManor's build quality was superior to the Keystone.

Guess you didn't buy an Elkmont! They were built just when the company was going down the tubes, and the build quality reflected it. But the engineering and design was/is great. Now that ours is fixed up we're very happy. Just feeling a little cramped, so are looking at bigger, wider, taller, heavier trailers with a slide-out as a possible future upgrade.

Our sink drain wasn't hooked up so the kitchen sink flooded the kitchen the first time we did dishes. The following weekend we had another kitchen leak. (Who carpets the enclosed cabinet under the sink cabinet where the plumbing lines run?) As we were putting it away for the winter, I paid to have the dealer do the winterization - if it leaks again when we use it this April I didn't want to have them blame further leaks on our improper winterization.

On the other hand, the bathroom is larger than our home bathrooms and has both a porcelain flush toilet and an outside entrance. We don't miss the Thetford!

Another reason we went with the Elkmont 24. But the black tank was too small. Now that I upgraded it to 30gal, we can last a long while before having to dump.
By the way, some people may remember "Cochise", an Elkmont owner on this board a couple of years ago. His trailer also had lots of problems. Turns out he sold his Elkmont back to Trailmanor (to the new owners IIRC) for the original price (which he really appreciated), and now owns a Lance trailer. He's had a few issues with the Lance, but overall he's a lot happier than he was with the Elkmont.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #16
bell
Site Sponsor

Default the bunkhouse

I have rebuilt my bunkhouse Elkmont 2010 and can find no other trailer to compare.If you are about to buy one ,you may phone me about what you can do with it. 336-675-1491
Old 03-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #17
Redhawk

When we were shopping, our favorite was also the Lance, but it was 2x as heavy as the Elkmont and 2.5x more expensive. Considering the deal we got on the Elk, it was a no brainer. It did need some TLC, but is doing well these days. We love it.