TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-21-2003, 01:40 AM   #1
Cateye
Cateye

Default Door Alignment

New owner.....The doors on my 2720SL are misaligned where the two halves of the door meet in the middle. This alignment corrects itself as the door is fully opened. Is this normal? If not, is there an adjustment? Could this be caused by racking from the leveling jacks?
Cateye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 04:02 AM   #2
ColoradoCop

Default Re: Door Alignment

I am having a similar problem on my 2720SL.  Have noticed that it depends on the level of the camper.  Also have problem with door closure.  Hits on frame.  Varies from time to time.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:34 AM   #3
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Quote:
New owner.....The doors on my 2720SL are misaligned where the two halves of the door meet in the middle. This alignment corrects itself as the door is fully opened. Is this normal? If not, is there an adjustment? Could this be caused by racking from the leveling jacks?
The folks at TM provided a method to realign the doors.

The triangular, wooden piece just inside, on the floor, and next to the hinge line of the door is the place.

Two screws hold the removable wooden, upright triangle in place. Remove the screws and wood to expose four small screws which attach a metal, upright brace to the wall (not for adjustment purposes, I presume). On the floor are two steel bolts. Both pass thru the floor and are secured to the frame. The nuts which secure the bolts can be seen from under the trailer.

When I was at the factory for maintenance, the folks there noted a misalignment of my doors, as you describe. The bolts were adjusted to realign the doors and now operate perfectly. How they determined the proper adjustment I do not know. But, one of the gents was under the trailer with a wrench and the other did some serious torquing of the bolt closest to the centerline of the trailer. The rather hefty metal bracket was even slightly buckled, under the bolt head, when the job was done.

So, it seems they needed to swing the wall inward a tad, causing the hingeline to pivot toward the centerline (motion magnified at the upper portion), resulting in the realignment of the door halves.

This will make a bit more sense if you look at the setup and read it again. Then, if still confused, call Jimmy Davis and he'll pass you on to the adjusters

Denny_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 09:20 AM   #4
arknoah

This has happened to me on a couple of occasions, but when I finally close the door, it seems to right itself. I've even looked carefully at the pin after opening the door again, and it seems to seat itself when I close the door the second time. A little weird, but it seems to work!
Old 05-21-2003, 11:25 AM   #5
2619PDX

I noticed this at various times too. I've always thought it had to do with the level of the trailer, as that's when I seem to notice it, is at set-up.

Once you level the trailer, it seems to go away.

Gregg

Tags
door alignment, two halves