TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
Scott O

Default D & S Screen Door

This is not meant to be a product plug, but I wanted to give a report on my use of the D & S Screen Door as it has been widely discussed over the past year or so. I hope this doesn't violate any list policies. Anyhow, we have had the screen door for several months and this is the first time we have had our 2720 SL TM out to use it. We are spending the week at Campland in San Diego. Weather is in the mid 70s to low 80s, perfect for leaving the door open! After re-acquainting ourselves with the install directions, we find the screen door is possibly the best improvement we have made to our TM. There was some diddling with the initial alignment, as you are basically trying to fit a perfect rectangle (the screen) into an imperfect rectangle (the TM door opening). But it now fits flawlessly and does not restrict the operation of the door at all. It is a dang site better than the TM screen strips in both looks and operation. It will be a perminant part of our trailer equipment kit, as long as the weather is warm!!!