TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-05-2019, 05:50 AM   #1
FlyboyTR

Default Bed Seal....On Top or Bottom?

I have a question regarding the soft rubber flap/seal that runs the length of the rear bed (I would assume the same thing for all beds/models). Ours is an 07 2720SL. After pulling out the bed, should the rubber flap/seal at the head/foot of the bed be on top of, or below, the aluminum bed slide rail?

Previous owners of this camper did lots of things to it that tell me he/she was not mechanically inclined. So, the nylon slides on the swing arms (bed deck support arms) are missing pieces and the bolt head is sliding against the deck...can't be right. SO...I'm getting ready to rebuild those but need to know about the flap seal. That will help me determine what I need to do in rebuilding the nylon rollers/guides, etc. Thanks!
Old 06-05-2019, 02:54 PM   #2
commodor47
Site Sponsor

The bolts on the bed support arms are designed to be free floating. In the enclosed link to one of my albums (https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...php?albumid=66) you will note the nut is only threaded on enough to prevent it from falling off. And if you look closely you can see the head of the bold does indeed touch the wood supporting the bed. The rubber flap/seal on my bed rails is below the aluminum bed slide rail.

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 12:19 PM   #3
Jampcourt

Default Alumunum!

I replaced the nylon strips with aluminum pieces of the same thickness and width as the nylon for a more permanent fix. Bought the aluminum strips at HD. The nylon strips are going to wear out again over time unlike the aluminum. I make sure I lubricate the aluminum strips once or twice a year, and so far they are working great. It was a bit of extra work as I had to cut the strips to length and to the right angle at the ends, and had to drill screw holes to match the old ones, but I'll never have to do it again!

Good luck whatever you do.
2014 Ford Explorer with tow package, Tekonsha brake controller, Reese WDH, Renogy 100 W portable solar suitcase, modified for 7 pin plug. (Our battery is up front, under sofa). Modified to fill hot water heater and fresh water tank with unit closed.
Jampcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:31 PM   #4
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

My rubber seals when he bed is out are under the bed. They make slight contact with the bed.

My old TM they did not make the slight contact and were not sealing well.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote