TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-15-2003, 10:22 AM   #21
Papa_Smurf

Default Re:Seeking info on diff bwtn past & present models

Happytrails, as far as I know all TM’s have the torsion spring lift system for the lids. But I was talking about the Dexter Torflex axle, which does not have leaf springs. I believe all of the newer single axle TM’s use the Torflex axle. I don't know what the dual axle TM's use.
Old 08-15-2003, 01:18 PM   #22
DancinCampers

Default Re:Seeking info on diff bwtn past & present models

Hi all,

I think all the newer units are using axles by Dexter. But our unit has a similar axle, but built by Reliable (also torsion type, not springs). Doni says in 1993 they were using both. You can check by looking on the axle at the ID plate. Even tho the info in the owners manual indicated Dexter, twas not so. I had to exchange my lift kit because the hole spacing is different.

I have been talking with Reliable because it seems my axle doesn't have very much give when you jump up & down on the bumper. They gave me some dimensions to check but haven't gotten the chance yet.

On our way to the Jubilee & back both rear shell latch hooks ripped out, & I think it was because there is not very much suspension left.

If the specs I got from Reliable indicate extreme wear on the torsion rubber, I will probrably replace my axle.

Take care,

Dan