TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-11-2008, 10:02 PM   #11
markandanne

ShrimpBurrito - we've gone to bed early plenty of evenings, and you are right that it's pretty cool to get up to see the outdoors bright and early while deer are still out. At the end of a day's drive the kids are pretty wound up though...

And the baking idea is another one we occasionally do, although cookies aren't something we've tried yet. That's not a bad idea - the kids would certainly vote for it! I really am glad we have the oven option over the microwave. We try to do as much cooking indoors as possible during the winter (whereas I use the grill outdoors a lot during the summer to keep the heat out of the TM).
Old 12-11-2008, 10:14 PM   #12
PopBeavers

I was one of the posters that suggested baking cookies. Though our kids are now 25 and 28, we bake cookies nearlye very trip and they all disappear. We use the ready mix package cookies for convienience.

One of my fondest childhood memories was when I would spend a week with may aunt I would "help" her bake stuff. She was an excellent baker. I was younger than 10, that is all I can recall about my age.

For those of you in the Russian River area of California, if you ever had mud pie at the restaurant half way between Rio Nido and Gurneville, then you likey ate a pie made by Regina Andler, Auntie Gee to me.

She always baked from scratch.