TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #1
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Default Water heater not l

Hello all,

I've gone thru the forum and have not found a link that addresses my issue. I have 2013 2619 and loving it. My first trip out I used the water heater and it worked great. My problem for my last three trips is that the heater no longer works. I made sure there water running thru it, but it never fires.
I've tried it with both the electric and the gas, but nothing.
When I flipped the switch at the control panel, I can hear it clicking and after a short time I do smell gas.
I checked the connections on the backside of the control panel and they are snug, so it's not that. I did find a wire hanging under the sink area, but can't see where it connects to.
It's still under warranty, so I can take it back to the dealer, but am hoping to fix it myself. Any ideas are appreciated it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	785.6 KB
ID:	8494  
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
wmtire

There can be so many reasons you don't have hot water.

1. Do you have bypass valves behind your heater, and have you changed the positions on them?

2. To use the electric option of the water heater, you must be plugged into 120 volt shore power and then turn on the electric switch on the front of the water heater (accessed from the panel on the outside of the trailer), after making sure the water heater is full of water first. If there is no water in the heater, and you turn the black switch located on the front of the water heater, you will burn up the electric heating element. If it is burned up, you should still be able to use the propane side.

3. To use it on propane, you need to make sure you have propane in your tanks and they are open, and it helps to purge the air from the gas lines first. You can usually light your stove to help this purge. You'll then turn on the switch inside your trailer to start the DSI (Direct Spark Ignitor) and hear clicking at the water heater as the DSI is making sparks to ignite the propane. The DSI should turn the gas off, if it doesn't ignite after so many attempts. You have to turn the inside switch back off, then on again to reset it. If you have air in the gas lines, it can take several attempts to get the water heater to ignite on propane.

Bugs and spiders are bad about getting into the gas burner tube and clogging it up. You can open the outside cover and try to clean the burner tube out.

These are just some of the easy things to do, and hopefully it's not something more major or broke.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #3
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Bobby,

I shouldn't have any bypass valves. I haven't done any water mods, yet. Since, I don't connect to shore power, it makes sense the electric side wouldn't work for me. Most northern Ca parks don't provide power connections.
I've always lighting my stove, so I know I have gas before I even operate my fridge. So again, I do smell the gas, but it never lights off. I normally stop trying to get it to light to let the gas disparate. I don't want to blow up myself or the new rig.
I do believe the wire hanging belongs to a circuit board or connection and if I can find that connection it would work again.
I did check for bugs and spider webs when it failed on my second trip, so I' fairly sure it's not that.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #4
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
Bobby,

I do believe the wire hanging belongs to a circuit board or connection and if I can find that connection it would work again.
How many wires do you have connected to the backside of the DSI switch (Your water heater switch on the cabinet)?
Old 06-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #5
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

I will say two, because there were no open or unconnected terminals, or I would have connected the wire and tried starting the heater again.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.