TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2006, 08:04 AM   #18
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Good thread - I didn't expect this much reponse. Let me make a couple points.

1. Jim (Freedom) asked about light truck tires. Jim, there was a thread about this. Rocky Mtn Ray did some invesitgation, and found that it is NOT a good idea. If I recall correctly, Light Truck (LT prefix) tires are built differently in the sidewall than Special Trailer (ST prefix) tires, and the difference may cause handling problems. Check about halfway down this thread

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=2880

To others who are considering switching to 15" tires. My TM (with the lift kit) has plenty of clearance for the bigger tire at the top of the wheel well, and seems to have enough clearance at the forward and aft edges of the wheel well. But I'm not sure the wheel well is wide enough to accept a 15" tire, EDIT - PLEASE IGNORE THE FOLLOWING DUMB ERROR which is 1.5 inches wider than the 14" tire. In other words, the sidewall of the tire may scuff the white "fender skirt", or the frame member - especially if the tire flexes and bulges as you go over a bump. Again, we need first-hand experience from a guinea pig - er, volunteer.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote