TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-05-2005, 10:20 AM   #1
Simon3xUD

Question Microwave shelf

Hi all,

I finally getting around to buying a microwave for the TM and since I'll have the microwave, I'm thinking I need to have something for it to sit on. Has anyone made their own shelf for a microwave or does everyone that has a microwave also have the TM microwave shelf?

How snugly does the TM shelf fit between the upper countertop and the wardrobe? Since the electrical outlet is on the side of the upper counter, how does one get the power cord from the microwave into that outlet?

Help !
Old 10-05-2005, 12:14 PM   #2
Bill & Lisa

I saw a picture in a post here or on the Yahoo group site of a microwave shelf that someone made. The one sold by Trail Manor (we have one) is not overly snug of the sides but we brought a power strip that has a 90 bend in the plug so there is no strain on the plug. We then plug the microwave, toasteroven, coffee maker, etc into the power strip. Bill
Old 10-05-2005, 01:18 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

The original post was by Oilspot, who is no longer a member of this group. One of our current members now owns his TM, though. The thread was
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...read.php?t=949

His photo has probably gone missing with the change from the old board to the new board, but I saved it since the work was so nice. I think TM modelled theirs (which came later) after his.

Oilspot's microwave stand is full depth front-to-back. Our new TM came with the factory microwave box, and as I recall, it is about 1-1/2" shorter front-to-back, which leaves space for the cord.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	OilspotDrawer.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	766  
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote