TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-02-2014, 08:50 PM   #1
tarudy

Default how to access the shower and tub plumbing

Hello Fellow Campers,

I recently learned how to find a leak that is coming from the shower/tub area. This might be a no-brainer to many but in case it is helpful to some....

I had water showing up intermittently on the floor in my aft storage locker. My TM is under a carport, so rain wasn't a cause. Then I realized that it occurred usually after I had showered. After reading the forums here, I was about to tear out the exterior shower box to access plumbing there and see if I could source it. But then I noticed that carpet covered panel with 4 phillips head screws on the wall inside that aft locker. I removed the panel, and voila, had pretty good access to the shower/tub connections. So I turned the shower's hot and cold on individually and found that the cold water line wasn't screwed in tight to the underside of the tub.

The leak seems to have stopped now, I will watch it closely for awhile and then close the panel back up.

I find myself wishing that the TM corp would produce a trouble shooting guide that at least listed some of the most common issues that tend to crop up with the TM's and some "how to's" to fix those things. For instance just knowing that I could so easily access the shower/tub plumbing would have been a great tip... IMHO.

I really like this forum and appreciate all that I have learned from it. It has already saved me more than once and I have only owned my TM since the end of Feb...

Cheers,
Trudy
Old 05-06-2014, 01:04 AM   #2
Riwright
TrailManor Master

Thanks, that's a good tip.

I had greywater leaking under my trailer. It was coming from a small black plastic cover underneath the trailer. I took the cover off and discovered the j trap for the tub. Tightening up the connections fixed the issue.
Riwright is offline   Reply With Quote