TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2006, 09:30 PM   #1
biznaga

Default Concerned about size of rear bed in 2720

My popup bed is 70X79 and very roomy and comfortable...probably as comfortable as home bed (maybe it is the fresh air rather than the bed). I notice the rear and bigger bed in the 2720 is only 60X78.

I need to stay with the 2720 size due to
1.) Need to store in garage
2.) I am keeping current TV, a 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Being just over 6' and liking roominess of my popup bed I have question:

How comfortable is it for two adults in that size bed?

All opinions are appreciated.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:37 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I have a 6'3" DH, and have always prefered sleeping in a king bed (which is what we have at home). I was pleasantly surprised to find that we sleep very well in the TM 2720 queen sized bed, much better than in a residential style queen sized bed. It's worked out fine for us. I guess you won't really know until you try it for a few nights, though...
Old 09-16-2006, 09:42 AM   #3
Tonopah

I'm 5' 9" and my wife is 5' 4". We find the rear bed in the 2720 to be positively roomy. YMMV of course.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:52 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

You had a 70x79" bed in a pop-up? I'm VERY impressed.

My wife and I have queen beds at our homes in both ends of the country. Big thick mattresses - you know, like a foot or 14" thick, with prices to match? We actually agree that our TM mattress, with the addition of 1" egg crate, is MORE comfortable than any of our home mattresses. I'm not at all sure why - maybe we both crave a firmer mattress than those super-plush-expensive home units, or maybe, as you say, any bed feels better after a ton of fresh air and exercise.

Just my (our) opinion.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:05 PM   #5
PopBeavers

We have the 2720 and sleep on a queen at home. We have no problems. I get the back. By the time I NEED to get up it is time to make coffee anyway. DW gets up in the middle of the night. She gets the end.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:27 AM   #6
MidwestDave

Thumbs up Queen Bed

We have a new 2720 (2006) and I am 6'2" 260lbs + my DW is 5'7". We love the roomyness this queen size bed gives us. We use a shelf in the bed area on which I put my CPap machine for sleep apena. We were looking at the 2620 model when we were shopping for a TM and my sister-in-law suggested going with the 2720 because of the queen bed. Good choice!

Midwest Dave
Northwestern Illinois
Old 09-19-2006, 04:18 PM   #7
Walter Roach

Default After one trip of 2 nights ...

Debbie, who is 5' 9", and I, who am 6' 3" fit well in the queen size bed. There is a bit of a 'shelf' area around the mattress. My only issue, the first night I did not have covers over the back edge of the bed and noticed a bit of a coolness during the first night. We just adjusted the way we made up the bed, and we slept well. The bed is very comfortable. We need to figure out a place to put eye glasses and an alarm clock before the next outing.

Walter and Debbie
San Jose, CA
2005 TrailManor 2720 SL, 2006 Saturn Vue V6
Old 09-19-2006, 05:29 PM   #8
dlkcub

I put my glasses on top of the wardrobe, when I sit up in bed they are right there. I have a clock with large red numerals and it sits on the counter next to the wardrobe. I don’t have much need for an alarm when I’m camping.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:11 PM   #9
Doug W.

I dislocated my left shoulder a couple weeks apart when 19 and had surgery a couple years later to repair it. It started giving me problems when I slept on my left side about 10 years ago (almost 50 now). I tried several beds and finally got a SelectComform or sleep number bed that solved that problem. My tent trailer bed caused the same issue. Ruined a few weekend trips by accidently sleeping on the wrong side. I am happy to report no problem last week in the TM with the 1 in foam pad Bill suggested or the couple weekend trips earlier this year. I slept of the left side several times. I actually sleep better on the TM bed some nights than I normally do on our SelectComfort. I also have a 3124KS. The king bed is great which is 78 X 78. We sleep with our heads toward the front of the trailer. You do not wake you spouse when making that nightly bathroom break, because one of you does not have to crawl over the other to get to the bathroom. If you can tow it, I strongly recommend one of the 3124s for the king bed. The added bonus is the extra storage space. We have storage space with almost nothing in it.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:38 AM   #10
camp2canoe

Default rear bed area storage

There are bags made for sailors which lie flat against a bulkhead to store lines, sunglasses, etc. which would be ideal for the rear bunk area in a TM. The Davis "Sticky Bag" ccomes in two sizes and fastens with suction cups so you could even move them outside during the day. (www.davisnet.com) They are available at West Marine (www.westmarine.com) and are depicted at page 911 of West's 2006 Master Catalog. West also carries another line of similar bags with a stainless steel hook system and none of the bags are terribly expensive ($20-$40). For those of us who don't sew this would be an easy and nice looking alternative. - Camp-2-Canoe