TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-24-2023, 02:51 PM   #1
Casey Freswick

Default Furion Chill 1450

I replaced my 20 year old AC a year ago at the end of the season with a Furion Chill 1450 BTU unit. After an early Spring outing on a hot day I was convinced it was not working properly. I could not tell the difference between low, medium or high. The air flow all seemed the same. After getting the proper receipts I talked to a Furion support person. I told him about the air flow problem. He could not really categorize the problem until I told him the unit was not cooling my trailer. He came back with a solution. Furion would send me a new controller and air distribution panel. It arrived and I installed it 3 days into our hot outing. The new distribution panel has 3x the amount of space for air intake and about 2.3x the amount of space for cool air exhaust. It worked 2 times better. It is louder. It does not have a vent directing air to the back. However, I used Velcro to put a 3" by 6" piece of cardboard(to be upgraded) directing air flow to the back area and it worked great. I can now tell the difference between high, medium and low. It must have been a recurring problem which resulted in a new design. It was sent for free with no shipping or handling. So, although originally disappointed I now have a new AC that is working far better than my old AC unit. Although not likely, if anyone has or is thinking of getting this AC unit make sure you get the newer controller/air distribution design.
Old 06-24-2023, 03:33 PM   #2
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Surely it isn't really 1450 BTUs. Maybe 14.5 K?
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 03:51 PM   #3
Casey Freswick

Default Yes

14.5 is correct