TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2021, 07:48 PM   #1
Ramblin' Rec

Default Distance between tub and vanity?

Hi, y'all, although I've been lurking for months, I'm finally coming out in the open to ask a question. But first, a great big "Thank you!" to Bill and all the wonderful members here who make this forum such a valuable resource!

Now my backstory and question: We're buying a 2020 TM 2720QS, long distance. That is, we're in Tennessee, and it's in Texas, so I can't go out and measure it. We plan to replace the recirculating toilet with a composting toilet by Air Head. Their current lag time on orders is 16 weeks, so I'd like to go ahead and order it. But we'd like to be sure that it will fit in the space between the tub and vanity cabinet before ordering. Can anyone tell me this distance, please? Thank you so much!
Ramblin' Rec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 08:07 AM   #2
Shane826
TrailManor Master

I can’t answer your question directly, but I can give you a comparison. I have the SeaLand toilet in my TM. The base/tank BARELY fits between the tub and vanity, it is listed as 18-7/8” wide on the Dometic website.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 09:39 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

The attached pictures show the situation in my 2020 2720QS, but I believe they would apply to earlier TMs as well.

First picture shows the same thing Shane mentioned - the overall dimension is a bit over 18 inches, depending on how you handle the various pieces of molding.

In the second picture, note the triangular rise in the floor between the toilet and the vanity. THIS CANNOT BE REMOVED! The triangular piece houses the left wheel well below it. Any toilet you put in must clear this rise. Apparently the M-28, which several members have added, clears this rise. I have no idea what your proposed toilet would do.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toilet meassure far (Medium).jpg
Views:	71
Size:	375.3 KB
ID:	20320   Click image for larger version

Name:	Toilet meas close (Medium).jpg
Views:	68
Size:	397.4 KB
ID:	20321  
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 10:39 AM   #4
Ramblin' Rec

Thank you both so much! I believe it will work, as the base itself is less than 12 1/2" and the overall width including handles is 18 3/4". Fortunately, the crank handle is on the same side as the wheel well. Thanks for pointing that out, Bill.
Old 10-30-2021, 10:48 AM   #5
Ramblin' Rec

Oops, another question before I can order: where is the vent for the toilet? I need to figure out whether I need a straight or right-angle fan housing. Is the vent in the floor or the wall?
Old 10-30-2021, 11:16 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team

The toilet is not vented. One of our members added a power vent to his Theftford toilet, splicing a vent pipe into the riser above the bathroom sink drain, in the cabinet. It worked quite well. Start here, then search further on the word "vent" if you need more info.

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...highlight=vent

Bill
Old 10-30-2021, 05:51 PM   #7
Ramblin' Rec

Thanks again for all your help, now and in future!

I love this forum, I think it has some of the nicest people on the web. And I know I'll love my TrailManor when I get it.
Old 03-22-2022, 03:12 PM   #8
Doreen
Windswept

I’m curious how this installation went. We ordered an Air Head in January so this project is on our spring to do list. Any tips would be appreciated

After talking with the folks at Air Head they recommended a vent wind protector so you don’t get back pressure on windy days. We already purchased a vent from TM so we are going to fabricate a cover from a pvc deck post cover and use rare earth magnets to attach to the screws from the vent when the trailer is up and we can remove it to close the trailer. We'll see if this plan works.
Doreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 09:09 PM   #9
Ramblin' Rec

Hi, Doreen, sorry I just now saw this. My installation hasn't happened yet. We have too many other things going on right now so it will be a while. Perhaps you can leave me tips instead. ;-) I sure hope it works out for us both. I think someone else may have done this already but I'm not sure.
Old 04-23-2022, 01:24 PM   #10
Bill
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
After talking with the folks at Air Head they recommended a vent wind protector so you don’t get back pressure on windy days. We already purchased a vent from TM so we are going to fabricate a cover from a pvc deck post cover and use rare earth magnets to attach to the screws from the vent when the trailer is up and we can remove it to close the trailer.
I'm thinking you will want to paint the cover bright red, or attach a flag to it. It would be awfully easy to lose track of it during the fold-down process.

Bill

Tags
bathroom, toilet