TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Tires Tires Tires
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2017, 03:53 PM   #51
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

We had a great trip, even road parts of the Katy Trail in Missouri. The Taskmaster tires are still doing great with another 3800 miles under their belts pun intended. I would recommend them to anyone.

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:54 PM   #52
pmhellings
Site Sponsor

Default Pity Patty Down The Road?

Quote:
Some people don't have the luxury to be able to pitty patty down the the road at 65 mph ...they need to get there and fast! They just don't have the time and need to maximize there efforts. Like me for instance. We are lucky if we can get 10-11 days off in a row each year due to job constraints, so we need to get there. Especially if it's any distance from home. Even living almost in the middle of the US, it's a stretch to try and go to either coast and have any time to see and do things. That's why I have to always take the interstate if possible at 75 mph. Last year we went to califonication and to save time I drove to Flagstaff by myself and picked up my better half at the air port there. That saved her two days of vacation and 10 days later she had to fly home by herself from San Francisco as she had to be back at work. As for me, it was a very long drive back. That was NO fun at all, but there was no other way she could get out to the west coast as she had never been there. We did see some wonderful country though!
Me? Well I'm simi retired and if I don't have any major gigs then that's cool. Linda on the other hand has a very responsible position and she can only be gone at the most 12-13 days. So considering travel time (there and then back) we only have "X" amount of days to spend on the real part of the vacation. Plus that 12-13 days can't all be used. One needs at least two days off to decompress when they get home.

We do what we can to make it all work....after all, all my efforts are for her and she deserves the best because that is exactly what she is!
Tom
I don't know....if you can't take the time to do it right, maybe you should plan shorter distance trips. I'd rather cover a few less miles and be safe. I use Load Range "D" tires that are rated for 81 mph. Nice for those times when you have to hit 75 to pass a slow moving semi and be able to clear the passing lane. I usually set my cruise control at 68. Doing 75 instead of 68 would yield 42 miles in 6 hours. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

Paul
Old 05-28-2018, 10:07 AM   #53
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Going on another 4400 mile road trip starting in June. The Taskmasters are doing great and still no sign of wear, also no shakes or extra bouncing going 65 mph.

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 10:58 AM   #54
AmcFlorida

Hey hey Craigrrr!

I could only find 205s

Do you have a direct link to where you purchased these tires?

And, any idea of the torque specs on the lug nuts?

Thanks,

Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigrrr View Post
New tires arrived yesterday the Taskmaster Load range D ST215/75/R14 replaced the Marathon LR C tires. had them balanced and metal valves installed.

Now only time and travel will tell how good they are. The seem nice and I like the tread pattern. Looks like it would be a good tire for rainy weather too. Which is good as I am going to the midwest this coming spring , ya know those April showers

This is off the web " Taskmaster Tires and Wheels - TTWTRTM2157514D

Radial special trailer tire has a ply rating of 8 and a 2,200-lb max load at 65 psi. Great for highway use. Fits 14" wheels.

Features:

Special trailer tire design provides the strength of a bias tire, as well as the durability and stability of a radial tire
Created specifically for trailers and not intended for use on other vehicles
Radial tire is constructed with double steel belts and double polyester cords for a long life
Great for highway use
Nylon tread-firming belt overlays help prevent tread separation
Tread depth bars offer a quick visual indicator of tread wear
Meets DOT specifications and exceeds FMVSS

Specs:

Tire size: ST215/75R14
Section width: 8.5"
Outer diameter (when inflated): 27"
Capacity:
Load range: D
Ply rating: 8
Maximum load: 2,200 lbs at 65 psi
Tread depth: 10/32"
Max speed: 81 mph (speed rating M)
2-Year limited warranty"
AmcFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 11:52 AM   #55
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Craigrrr sold his TM a couple years ago, I doubt he’s around here much anymore.

But if you’re looking for these tires in 215/75r14… Holy crap they got expensive! I’m looking for 9 trailer tires and I was considering these again but good lord.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Tir...M2157514D.html
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 12:29 AM   #56
AmcFlorida

@shane826

Thanks for the info!

Al
AmcFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 08:14 AM   #57
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmcFlorida View Post
Hey hey Craigrrr!

I could only find 205s

Do you have a direct link to where you purchased these tires?

And, any idea of the torque specs on the lug nuts?

Thanks,

Al
I'm glad that he had good luck with those tires but I'm an avid Maxxis fan. I've had several trailers in the past 20-years (Pop-up, TrailManors, Cargo trailers, flat be trailers). I have always used Maxxis and never had a failure.

Having said that, I always replace my trailer tires @ the 6-year mark. Same on my Class A motorhome.

Have you considered lifting your Trailmanor and installing 15" tires & wheels?

I did that to my last TM and it made a substantial difference is dragging in and out of driveways. It also gives you better load ratings with the bigger tires. Be sure to replace the spare also. I don't recommend using one of your take-offs for a spare. The spare is often neglected and is often the story of many calamities. The spare tire gets no highway use and suffers from rot and delamination worse than the tires that are on the ground. It's important, for longevity, for tires to be in regular use.

Torque is 90# and be sure to check the torque regularly.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:30 AM   #58
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Wavery- Just a heads up, Maxxis moved their trailer tire operation to Thailand. They are no longer made in Los Estados Unidos.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 10:42 AM   #59
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
Wavery- Just a heads up, Maxxis moved their trailer tire operation to Thailand. They are no longer made in Los Estados Unidos.
Thanks, I was aware of that. They made that move years ago and I currently have 4 on my cargo trailer (for 3-years). So far, so good with the quality. I've heard that the Thailand operation is far superior as well (which doesn't surprise me).