TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2022, 09:04 AM   #11
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

I had pictures from another members request, and there is some wood in the bed pan. As you can see its framed with wood trim, but I don't know if/what is sandwiched between the laminate coverings. Use something thin without a point and poke into the cut. If it's wood you shouldn't be able to push very far into the gash. You can see some more pictures of the bed in my albums folder.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Curb aft edge  of bed plateform.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	695.4 KB
ID:	21315   Click image for larger version

Name:	Street frt 2 .JPG
Views:	30
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	21316  
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 09:17 AM   #12
coralcruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
I had pictures from another members request, and there is some wood in the bed pan. As you can see its framed with wood trim, but I don't know if/what is sandwiched between the laminate coverings. Use something thin without a point and poke into the cut. If it's wood you shouldn't be able to push very far into the gash. You can see some more pictures of the bed in my albums folder.
Thank you so much for posting that picture. I zoomed all the way in and it looks to me like the same pannel that is used to make the shells of the trailmanor is used over the bottom of the bed pan. Looking at the underside, TM factory also built in wooden tracks into that pannel where the a-frame bed supports slide into. All of this means I can't just take a torch to it with aluminum brazing rods... I will need to remove that pannel first as the pannels have foam sandwiched in the middle which wpuld obviously melt. However from you picture I can see that the pannel is screwed down from the top of the bed pan. So should be easy enough to back the screws put and slide the pannel out. Then fix the hole.

I am now thinking it may be more simple to just use quick steel putty from the outside and spray paint it... but at the least I will need to tilt the bed pan and fix what is causing the issue in the first place or this will happen again.
coralcruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 09:52 AM   #13
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Honestly, I'd use some sealant, fill the gash and cover it with a metal tape. A wide piece; similar for HVAC ducting; it's thin, shouldn't prevent the bed from sliding and if it's damaged, you can look deeper to see if a repair is required.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote