TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-16-2007, 11:25 PM   #11
NW Native

Clarkie,

I gather you are on the shady side of the Cascades where AC is not usually required. Even so, I would recommend getting the AC so that your camping locations are not limited. We originally had a tent trailer without AC when we lived in Las Vegas. My thought at that time was, "If we need to have AC, we might as well stay home." Camping at 7000+ feet proved to be a non-issue; however, when we went to camp at places like Zion NP that was a different story. After Las Vegas we spent 2 years in Virginia and NEVER went camping because it was too hot for us. Imagine that after 7 years in Las Vegas! After moving home to Washington State, we were certain that our new TM had to have AC. To sum up my ramblings here, even though you plan to stick to the PacNW at this time, your future camping options may be limited by not having AC.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #12
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

Clarkie,
I tow a 2720SL with an F250 Heavy duty XLT Crew Cab Short Bed. I don't use a WD hitch and have no problems. I did use a WD hitch when I had an F150 regular cab short bed.
Mike

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 12:58 AM   #13
larsdennert

I tow a 2720 with a 4Runner and no WDH but a heavy duty suspension. Drives nicely and the 4Runner is level when towing and high in the back otherwise. My dad has a '95? F250 4x4 with a decent sized pop up camper shell. That thing will carry so much weight I can't imagine it even blinking at the TM's 300lb tongue weight.

Amazingly, there are people towing these trailers with what amount to unibody cars. Granted they have WDH's.

Try it without. If you don't like the way it drives, add a WDH.

Oh yea AC. Well it doesn't get used THAT much but it's worth having. Have you really seen many Travel Trailers without? There's a reason and expectation of comfort. If you are going to buy one of these, buy it equiped so you don't regret it later. The weight of the AC won't affect the towing of it. The weight of your wallet... I can't speak to.