TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2007, 06:46 PM   #1
greenmagpies

Default Where to buy used?

I just started looking for a TM, and really am trying to do my homework to
see if this is really what I want. Where's the best place to look for a used
one?

Old 10-09-2007, 08:01 PM   #2
Allen1124

This forum and the www.trailmanor.com website are great places to research TMs and get everything you need. Of course, you can also contact TM dealers.
A google entry for TrailManor will usually bring you back to this forum.
I went through the same process last Fall and have learned alot since.
No one RV is for everyone (the reason for so many choices), but the TM is great for the reasons most persons buy them: easy to tow, good value, good gas mileage and, in most cases (with the swing hitch) suitable for garage storage.

I have a like new 2006 model 2720 purchased last Fall listed on this site.
We replaced it with a different model this summer.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=6381
When this listing expires, I will be re-listing it if unsold.
Feel free to reply and ask questions.
Good luck!

Allen (540-292-3422)
Old 10-11-2007, 12:22 AM   #3
larsdennert

rvtraderonline.com is another good place but TM dealers do often buy used ones to resell.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:39 AM   #4
BobRederick

Go to all the dealers listed under "Sponsors" found on the home page for this site. Don't be afraid to buy from a non-TM dealer. I think the best deals have been found there. And don't be afraid to make them an offer. I offered all the cash I had on hand and one dealer took it, so I wound up with no payments and a very good deal. I drove 2000 miles in my first TM vacation to get it. But be advised, they won't know how to demonstrate opening and operating the TM very well if at all. You will have to know how to do that as well as how to recognize damages and/or quality. I found one that was unblemished and like new but 1 year from the manufacturing date. It is my '04 purchased in Sept '04. Best wishes!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:33 PM   #5
Magdefrau

Default finding a needle...........

I can't remember the date, but I was searching or surfing for pop ups when I found the TM web site. I was impressed with the web site. Then somehow through the search motor I ran across a dealership within a few hours from our home that had some TM on their lot. A used one would be fine I thought. They had one that was very used, the sells man looked to the ground while he said that this would not be sold as usible. It was sad. But, two others were in very good shape. He would be happy to order from the TM factory what ever we wanted. Turns out what we agreed we wanted was the larger of the used one.

I think a RV salesman can fix you up with a factory ordered one. One day in the further we will sell our TM. Then order a brand new one from the factory. But the first one yall get may want to be a used one..........I think just a few years old one is safe. But. the older the cheaper. Just like cars.

The TrailManor will be seen as the 65' Mustang of RV's. I 'm not sure of the most collectible year..............06's seem to be classy.