TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2007, 11:37 PM   #21
larsdennert

Oh, yea. Doesn't take much tilt to change the effort to open or close the shells.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:29 AM   #22
Scott O

Just returned from the mountains above San Bernadino, CA. Drove home during the height of the recent monster Santa Ana winds, which were cross winds most of the way. Did not notice the existance of the TM behind my TV! No sway or buffeting at all. On the other hand, we were following our daughter's family in their 25' full size Keystone and watching it bounce around scared the bejeebers (sp?) out of me. As usual, the TM performed flawlessly in all respects on our trip.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:11 AM   #23
camp2canoe

Ditto - there are things about the TMs that are a pain, but towing isn't one of them. I was reminded of this 2 weeks ago when towing my 22' sailboat to winter storage on a calm day and having it all over the road behind my Ford SuperCrew F150. The previous weekend we towed our 2619 to the Corps of Engineers Hwy. K campground on Missouri's Black River and were not in the least bothered by 20-30 mile crosswinds on the trip back. My TV has a tow rating of 7100# and I tow without sway control or weight equalizing. I estimate the loaded tow weight of the TM at 3,100# and my boat at 3,300# - not a substantial difference. Kudos to TM for getting this part right! - camp2canoe

P.S. That campground dosen't take reservations for dates after September 15 but from then until October 31 remains open including water and electricity with no fee. What a deal!
Old 12-21-2007, 06:20 PM   #24
Pat Stafford

Default TM and Wind

Our 3124KS has gone through 60 t0 70 MPH gusts while it was set up at a Missouri RV park and we didn't even get out of bed. It actually moved very little. Wouldn't recommend a tornado though. Trailers appear to be the main source of nourishment for those darn things.

Towing ours in crosswinds doesn't seem to be an issue either, 30 MPH gusts are common in our area. Our boat sways more than the TM when we tow it in windy conditions.