TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2006, 11:10 PM   #1
smile711

Question "Nightstand" or shelf for King bed area in 3326?

Hello,

We are serious about purchasing the 3326 King model TM, but my wife noticed that the king-sized bedroom area has (at least from all the pictures we've seen) absolutely no nightstand or shelf of any kind. We find that odd because when we retire, we have eyeglasses, and perhaps a book or a lamp nearby, usually on a small nightstand or shelf. But apparently there are no provisions for that on the 3326.

Does anyone know of any "retrofittting" of such a nightstand (perhaps one for "his" and "hers") that someone has come up with that can be fastened to the walls in the King bedroom area of the 3326? BTW. we were thinking of orienting our bed arrangement (for his/hers) with pillows at the far (bumper) end, vs. on the street or curb side (like we usually see in pix). The bed, if it's a true 78" square should work that way, unless there are some structural or dimensional reasons we're not aware of.

Maybe there would be a way to fasten a small, attractive shelf to the curb/street walls near the back bumper end during setup?? Also, maybe there would be a way to run a small 12V line to power a light to one or both sides? The 3326 is so rare to find that we've not actually seen one. If you have any photos of something you've come up with, you may certainly email them to me. My wife would be estatic!!

Any suggestions will be most appreciated, as always. Happy trails to you.

Joe
Old 11-27-2006, 05:24 AM   #2
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Hi Joe,

There are a number of solutions people have done for this one. Take a look at this thread...

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ighlight=shelf

Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:45 AM   #3
Queeniereads

We bought a narrow, three-compartment, cloth-lined basket from Walmart and leave it at the top of the bed sot of between and behind the pillows. It's about 2 inches deep. 4 inches by 12 inches. It holds our small battery alarm clock, glasses, watches, etc. Has worked for us for 2 years. Queeniereads aka Judi
Old 11-27-2006, 06:03 PM   #4
Doug W.

I just set my glasses on the lip between the outside wall and the mattress. My wife does the same thing with her glasses and book. There are two flourescent lights above the bed on my 2005 3124KS that provide all the reading light you will need. We sleep with our feet by the back window and our heads next bathroom wall and wardrobe. You can just slip right in. We tried with the heads by the window, but you have to get close enough to the window to get your feet under the covers.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:25 PM   #5
smile711

Hello,

Thanks for the link, but it doesn't work when I click on it. It's almost as though part of the URL is missing?? Here's what I received:

Let me know if there is any way to get the info you were directing me to; I'm interested in finding out what I can.

Joe
Old 11-28-2006, 06:32 AM   #6
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Dang! I hate when that happens, won't work for me either!
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:20 AM   #7
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Joe,

When I click on the link in my original message it works. When I click on the link you put in your reply it won't work.

Copying them both to the clipboard and pasting them into Notepad I can see a difference in the actual link, but the Web Site software appears to shorten the link with the "..." in the middle.

Once again, here is my link, then yours...

Mine:

Yours:

So the question is, did you type the link or just click on it?

Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:40 AM   #8
smile711

Keith,

I'm on my way to our local college to teach my course, but... I'm wondering if the problem might be FireFox? I have found that some programs work only with IE. I'll investigate that when I return later. Meanwhile, thank you for your reply.

Joe
Old 11-28-2006, 12:14 PM   #9
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile711 View Post
Keith,

I'm on my way to our local college to teach my course, but... I'm wondering if the problem might be FireFox? I have found that some programs work only with IE. I'll investigate that when I return later. Meanwhile, thank you for your reply.

Joe
Joe,

I'm using FireFox 2.0 and had no problem opening the first link in Keith's post. But I did get the error message with the second link. Maybe Keith has it right . . . something got changed in the URL?
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:51 PM   #10
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

"hover" your mouse over the 2 links in Keith's post. In Firefox it shows you the real URL at the bottom of the page. The first link looks good..and works...the 2nd link is munged up with "..." in the middle.

For what it's worth,
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote