TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #1
Harold & Pam Engelman

Default 1997 Trailmanor for $6,000 good deal?

New to TrailManor. Does 6000 for 2815 97 single owner, garage kept, full functionally sound reasonable? Thanks for any input! New family to camping world need advice from the experts!
Old 07-11-2006, 07:50 PM   #2
2bcs1jrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold & Pam Engelman
New to TrailManor. Does 6000 for 2815 97 single owner, garage kept, full functionally sound reasonable? Thanks for any input! New family to camping world need advice from the experts!
I assume you mean a 2518, not 2815, right?
I bought a 1996 2518 last summer for $7800. It has 2 propane tanks, 2 12 v batteries and side mount a/c. According to NADA guidelines, I over paid by 5 or 6 hundred $$ as there were features that were listed that didn't exist and others that were listed as options that were actually standard equipment. (You should educate yourself before purchasing, unlike me)

Mine was also dented and scratched on the outside (although fine on the inside) and had 2 other owners who obviously kept it outside from the condition of the graphics.
Yours is a year newer and lived in a garage. I think that $6000 is right on the money. Maybe even a bargain. I think where you live might also affect the price. I live in California.
Cheri
Old 07-11-2006, 08:04 PM   #3
Harold & Pam Engelman

yep, it has a side-mounted ac. thanks for the info...i looked it up on the NADA site and it says an average price is around 5800. it has had 1 owner and been in the garage when not in use so it looks to be in good shape. good point about the tires - they don't look worn at all but you don't want to find out they're bad when you're on the road somewhere. thanks for the info!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:05 PM   #4
Harold & Pam Engelman

oh, and Cheri, you're right...it's a 2518, not a 2815.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #5
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

It sounds good to me, too. I'd definitely go check it out. We have a 1997 and everything still works fine on it. We've had to do some repairs on some small things and the bed slides, but we were so happy to find a clean TM that had been very gently used and don't mind doing some puttering here and there. Our A/C died, but that won't cost much to replace should we choose to do so (it was a side-mounted unit, we just took it out and put a microwave in its place). Check the age of the tires and the battery(ies) as they may need to be replaced.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:21 AM   #6
BLAZER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Camper
There was a 99 model 2619 listed for 5,999 back in early June. Don't know if it sold for that or not....
That's probably the one My wife and I bought from South East Indiana. They originally listed it as 7995, but were trying to get rid of it. It ended up being a bank repo and wasn't taken care of very well, but that is changing. I think we got a good deal on ours, and even though your's is two years older, it sounds as if it has been well taken care of. I've noticed prices for TM's and they seem to sell for higher than book in most cases. I personally would jump on it if I was looking for a smaller one like that.