TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2006, 06:35 PM   #1
Stormz8

Default Bathroom Size

I am currently looking at the 3023 and 2720. I was wondering if the bathtubs have a space to sit down on the ledge? I am rather tall and think that sitting down would be easier when using the shower. I have been unable to get into the bathrooms as of yet in both of these units.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:49 PM   #2
MidwestDave

Thumbs up Tub Talk

Well Stormz8 , we purchased a new 2720 this year and this is what I know.
I believe ALL models of TM have the same bath set-up. I am 6'2" and about 270lbs. it is small but not cramped. There is a nice ledge to sit on while showering. We purchased the 2720 because of our tow vehicle. That was one of our reasons. The other reason was the queen size bed. We use our unit with three grand kids from time to time and gets a little crowded but they love it! We couldn't be happier. What ever your choice of TM I am sure you will be satisfied. Good luck and happy trails!

Midwest Dave
Northwestern Illinois
Old 10-29-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
Walter Roach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormz8 View Post
I am currently looking at the 3023 and 2720. I was wondering if the bathtubs have a space to sit down on the ledge? I am rather tall and think that sitting down would be easier when using the shower. I have been unable to get into the bathrooms as of yet in both of these units.
The tub is small, has a narrow ledge for a small person (child) to sit. I'm 6 feet 3 inches tall, and can take a shower. It is never a luxury shower; warm water is too precious and grey water tank too small. I get wet, turn to shower conrol off (on the hand-held wand), shampoo and soap up, then rinse. Many campgrounds have showers, so we have a roll of quarters in the TM for those that zap us $.50 for a shower. It works out.

Walter
Old 10-29-2006, 08:34 PM   #4
Stormz8

Default Thanks

Thanks for helping out. I'm kinda waiting right now. I would love a new 3023 but am not willing to put out that kinda money. There is a dealer that has a 2004 for sale right now, but I have to go check it out and work on the price.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:04 AM   #5
Freedom

Be aware also that older TM showers weren't as deep as the newer ones. I don't know when they changed, but in our 2000 2619 the tub floor is elevated above the bathroom floor. Our tub cracked - (previous owner) and we just bought a new tub at the factory on our last trip. I was assured that the new tub will fit. I'll find out next spring when we get the TM out of winter storage and go to put the tub in. I hope they're right!