TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2006, 03:58 PM   #1
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Default Hi there I have a few questions...

Gee where to begin...We are considering buying a 3124KS. We looked at a new one yesterday...and really liked it. Currently we have a 2005 Keystone Outback Sydney 30RLS. We bought this unit in May and still do not have a tag for it. We are on our 3rd temporary tag and have heard that the legal limit is two. We have spoken to the RV dealership "Suncoast" in Jacksonville...and two weeks ago they were going to personally hand walk it through the dmv...still NO tag. Next step is to file an official complaint with the DMV, contact a lawyer and attempt to return the unit. We purchased the unit May 28, 2006.

The Outback is very nice...but if...the title is cloudy and they are unable to produce a tag then I no longer want the unit. Now that we have used the camper...we have realized...it sure is a great big thing to lug around... So if it has to go back...if they can't get us a tag (it is financed through Thor) then I don't want to make payments forever only to find out we have a unit with no title...plus...it is a PIA to keep having to beg for another temp tag...so we can camp. Sooooooo if it must go back...I think we will get either a Hi Lo or a Trail Manor.

Trail Manor in my humble opinion are much prettier/nicer then Hi LO...and they apprear to be very well made. I do have a few questions though...

We had a 2004 Chevrolet Duramax Diesel and it has E rated tires with 80 psi...my dh wonders if we upgrade the TM tires will the unit still tow as well? I think the TM tires are D rated.

The curtains seem a lil skimpy...are they adequate? Can film be put on windows (like on a car)? How about on the window with the screen??? Do the screens come off?

Do the RV dealers really expect us to pay MSRP??? Did you pay it if you bought new??? Which dealers have the best prices?

I know I had more questions...but that is all I can think of right now. Thanks for your help!
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote