TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2005, 07:18 AM   #1
brookside

Default Storage? 3023/3124KB 2 Sofas?

We have never been in a Trailmanor. We saw a used one at a lot but the salesman wouldn't open it because "We wouldn't want it" but want something else he wanted to sell us. We have been looking online, the brochure and the video but when looking at the floorplans it is difficult to really understand how much more say the 3023 has compared to the 3124KB. Any clarification would be appreciated. Also, when did the option of having 2 facing sofas appear with the end bed in the front as we would most likely be looking for used and really want that particular configuration. Thanks, Cathy
Old 04-29-2005, 08:25 AM   #2
Seleya

Sounds like that salesman didn't want a sale. Maybe you should find another salesguy who's willing to open it. Then again, since I'm guessing it wasn't a TrailManor dealership, maybe that salesguy didn't know how to?!

I have a 2000 3124KB with the two opposing couches. My trailer was MCD's demo for the spring RV shows that year so it was on the lot with the option, but it was an option I was specifically looking for. I'm not sure how much earlier that was available, but definitely back to 2000 or so. The 3124 has more storage space than the 3023 -- you get about an extra foot of space in the cabinets under the bed (really one of the few places I like to have storage tho you have to be mindful that those storage spaces are behind the wheels -- don't put too much weight in them). I found the living space in the 3124 a bit more 'livable', that's why I went with it.

Vicky
Old 04-29-2005, 08:46 AM   #3
Queeniereads

We took the other 3124 option and got the couch instead of the front bed. I would just like to speak for the ease at set-up and the quality of the Trailmanor. I hope you find one and buy it. We just bought a new one, but MCD on Cape Cod did have several used units -- not too sure which models. GOod luck! Queeniereads aka Judi
Old 04-29-2005, 10:44 AM   #4
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

I think what you are asking is what has more room !!!!!!!!!!!! The only difference is that the 3124KB has a king size bed and a 2 wardrobe cabinets,one under the king bed and one on the counter!!!! The 3023 has queen size bed and the counter wardrobe and the 3124 has one foot more in the outside storage. Now the 3124KS is way different!!!!!!!! Hope this helped The Rip We own a 3023!
Old 04-29-2005, 03:09 PM   #5
BobRederick

Cathy,

I would suggest going back to that dealership. It sounds to me like THEY don't know what they have. I got a smoking deal that way and maybe you can, too. Dealer asked me "what do I have to do to get you to buy this today" and he was serious. They didn't know how to open it and obviously couldn't demo it very well. It took 3 guys to open it. I was afraid they would break the glass.

I was able to buy it because I had looked at them at another dealership and spent a lot of time on this web site learning about them. You wouldn't want to buy it if you are unsure of the model or if you really like the TM. You can find nerly everything you need to know on this forum. Welcome abboard!

These really are a great camper -- expensive to purchase but economical and easy to tow and store. A good percentage of owners are ex-pop-up owners and don't mind setting them up. I'm elated with mine. It is sitting in the street as I type, waiting for a trip in about 15 minutes!

Good luck!

Bob
Old 04-30-2005, 11:48 AM   #6
shunter917
Site Sponsor

We have a 3023 with the 2 sofa option and really like it. The 4 drawers of storage under the 2nd sofa is very handy. The drawers are pretty big and hold quite a bit.
shunter917 is offline   Reply With Quote