TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
mmcretusn

Default Need help with roof leak - 2005 2720SL

I'm having problem with a roof leak with water coming in at the top of the window, just to the front of the door. When I pushed in on the molding at the top of the wall where it meets the roof, a little water came out. I suspect the joint where the roof meets the outside wall is the culprit. However it looks like the awning mount is covering the area I need to caulk. Should I remove the awning to clean & recaulk the joint. Is it a big job?

This leak just developed after I had been on the roof resealing the centerline molding that was causing a leak at the front end of the manual vent. I used 2 ft X 4 ft plywood to distribute my weight, but maybe this was not enough to prevent any other leaks.

I checked the window right below where I discovered the leak and although the curtains and valances were wet, it didn't seem like the window was the problem. If anyone can provide a little insight, would be greatly appreciated.