TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #21
joshbw

I just bought my TM and the Norcold lights with the indicator going moving to all green. As soon as I let the button go it goes out. I have tried holding the button for a couple minutes but soon as I let go it falls out of the green. The thermocouple must be fine cause the gauge is working or is there a seperate one for gas control? Any ideas, thanks
Old 08-29-2010, 03:22 PM   #22
ZekenSpider
TrailManor Master

It's possibly a loose connection but you need to do some trouble shooting to see where the problem is. I think you are right about the thermocouple driving the meter but it may not have enough output to hold in the gas valve after you release the button. It could even be the connections on the selector switch.

Attached is the Norcold manual from my TM. Hopefully it is the same model as yours.

Best of luck.

Jerry

P.S. I found a better N300.1 manual and a parts manual "on line" in of all places the Thetford site. They apparently own the Norcold brand. The attachment labeled Norcold_N300_service_manual.pdf is not a complete manual.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Norcold_N300_service_manual.pdf (1.04 MB, 48 views)
File Type: pdf NorColdN300_632215A_1207.pdf (989.4 KB, 32 views)
File Type: pdf N300,N400_619128_20100617Parts.pdf (677.1 KB, 39 views)
ZekenSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #23
Jim&Joan

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...83&postcount=9

Doesn't this sound like the symptoms requiring the service mod? We we bought our TM, the light would go green as long as you held the button, but no matter how long, when you let go, it went out. I did a version of the mod (recrimping connections) and the propane mode works fine now.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:03 AM   #24
joshbw

Going camping this weekend with hookups so I will mess around with it more. Is there any specific wires to recrimp or should I to them all. It is a 2003 an the owner I bought from never used the LP system or water system for that manor. So its possible it came from the factory like this. Thanks
Old 08-30-2010, 08:48 AM   #25
boater454

I also found on mine that I can't light it with the Refer fan on. I have the old style with a view window to see the flame. with the fan on it will light momentarily, flicker, then blow out. With the fan off it will light immediately and stay lit once I turn the fan back on. I know the fan doesn't blow directly into the combustion chamber but it does have some affect.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #26
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbw View Post
Is there any specific wires to recrimp or should I to them all. It is a 2003 and the owner I bought from never used the LP system or water system for that manor. So its possible it came from the factory like this. Thanks
Josh -

I think it certainly is specific wires - but no one knows which ones. Crimping is easy, so just do it to all wires and be sure. If you have a crimp tool, that's the right answer. Otherwise, cross-crimping carefully with a pair of dikes is probably a good approach. When you are done crimping each connection, tug on the wire. If it comes out - well, you've found the problem.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:25 AM   #27
PopBeavers

I was lucky. It failed during the first year, so the dealer took care of it.

As I recall, the service bulletin or something that someone else posted had details.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:03 PM   #28
joshbw

Update:
It was the service mod. I ordered the kit from Amazon and replaced the two wires. Started up and worked fine!! Thanks for the help! By the wasy the kit is simply 6 inches of red wire and blue wire with connectors. I would have made it if I had known it was so simple.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #29
Brutus

Josh,
glad it worked out for you. I have the same exact issue as you (and apparently many others) had. Propane starts, stays on until release the valve. Our 2005 TM 2720 no doubt has a pre-3/15/05-made Norclod N300. Dealer nailed the problem over the phone. Need Part # 628119 (of course). Part is $12 (nice profit margin if it's only 2 wires and 4 connectors), "but you have to remove the refrigerator which is an hour job." Oh-by-the-way, labor is $100/hr! "$120 out-the-door." I held off having the dealer do it, and now am obviously glad I did. Will knock it out myself soon. Once again, this site comes through for me! Thanks all!! r/Pat

Edit: Found a 5-yr-old link on here that provides the Norcold instructions for Kit #628119. Reposting so others can find it easier.

http://members.cox.net/k4gaa/NorcoldN300Kit.pdf
Old 09-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #30
PopBeavers

Mine failed during the warranty period, so I did not have to pay anything. I just had to get it to the dealer.

This is a Service Bulletin issue, not a recall issue. The difference is that recalls are free (usually) and service bulletins are not free.