TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #1
shoupjohn

Cool Front interior lights

I bought a 2001 3023 trailmanor from a guy in Ft Worth a few weeks ago and in our first trial run the lighting for the two roof lights in the exhaust do not work , and also the two lamps over the bed. Anyone know a quick fix or do I have have a problem with the wiring to that area. You can tell I am not an electrician!
Old 04-30-2007, 01:49 PM   #2
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Default Interior Lights

On a 2619 the switched lights are located above the front bed on either side of the trailer. They are without a doubt the most finicky electric fixtures I have ever seen. I'm always tinkering with the bulbs trying to get a good contact. It's a good thing the other lights on the TM are not so problematical!! The brass colored style with shades, looks like something from the 50's too. I think I will look for some replacement fixtures. I hate those things!!
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:28 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Ah, yes, those are the so-called "elegant lights", and you can find dozens of posts about them using that Search term. I thought they were kind of pretty, myself, and they certainly photographed nicely for the TM brochure. But you are right - they were the most finicky lights I've ever seen. TM phased them out shortly after the 2002 model, and substituted either the same incandescent fixtures as are found elsewhere on the ceiling (not nearly as pretty!), or in some cases, I think, a kind of eyeball floodlight. These last are not bad looking.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote