TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-19-2002, 10:23 AM   #1
Happytrails

Default TM's on the road.....

Welp, finally passed another TM on the road today. It was the first one I've seen out there on the roads! It was headed North on I81 by Roanoke, Va. towed behind a big black Dodge (I think) truck. (Opposite direction btw). Had to wonder for a min if it was someone from this board! Somehow they look bigger going down the road than they do sitting in your driveway closed up!  

Happytrails.........
Old 08-19-2002, 01:28 PM   #2
Chris_Bauer

Default Re: TM's on the road.....

Don't ya just want to chase them down sometimes?  I have only seen one  and we met at Mustang Island, TX.  I couln't believe it.  It has been the best TM experience so far, among others, City of Rocks, Gila Nat'l Forest, Big Bend, so many parks so little time.

It really is the greatest thing on wheels.
Old 08-19-2002, 02:04 PM   #3
oilspot

I was behind one a few weeks ago on Briley Parkway here in Nashville.

Just like Happytrails, I wondered if it was somebody from this board...

I think it was a 2720 (like mine) towed by a Ford exploder with Indiana plates.
Old 08-19-2002, 02:04 PM   #4
oilspot

I was behind one a few weeks ago on Briley Parkway here in Nashville.

Just like Happytrails, I wondered if it was somebody from this board...

I think it was a 2720 (like mine) towed by a Ford exploder with Indiana plates.
Old 08-20-2002, 01:19 AM   #5
arknoah

Alas, we have yet to see another Trailmanor on the road or camping, though we've met four or five couples who knew about and considered buying them.

Maybe we ought to put something on the rear of our units that show we're members of this board....
Old 08-20-2002, 02:05 AM   #6
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

I went down to Ft. Tejon in Southern California over the weekend and on my trip home up I-5, I actually saw 2 TM's.  I thought that was great!! I wonder if they know about this forum?  :P 8)
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 07:41 AM   #7
kempert
Site Sponsor

Before I bought my 2720SL, I saw a TM at a campground at Peaks of Otter on  the Blue Ridge Parkway.  My mom was with me and was shocked that I saw it through the woods (about 50 yards off the road).  I guess that my "radar" was in full operation.  I didn't have the time to stop and talk with the couple (OH tags) but it was great to see a TM.
kempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 02:51 PM   #8
tipper

Last year we camped in an adjacent site to a TM in Michigan.  We were in first and they had set up without noticing us.

When we travel we look for the ratio of TM to Hi-Los.  This season we have seen about 2-3 Hi-Los per trip and no TMs.  Of course, we should be counted as one by the Hi-Los would presumeably see us.  So I might generalize that there are considerably more Hi-Los than TMs out there.

The TM plant might produce about 600 in a good year so there aren't a lot out there.  Obviously, the TM fills a niche RV market.

Old 08-21-2002, 12:24 AM   #9

Last year, on a 3 week, 6000 mile trip, we saw one other TM at the KOA campground on the eastern side of Glacier National Park.  It's lonely out there, but maybe one day the rest of the country will catch on!
Old 08-21-2002, 03:01 AM   #10
Wrench

I saw two while at the Grand Canyon in June. A 2720, and a 3124 I think. I had been interested in the TM prior to that, and with our 1978 Class C American Clipper getting 5.4 mpg on a good day, I had pretty much already decided to sell it in favor of another RV. Both TM owners were friendly and helpful, convincing me that setup/takedown and towing were easy. The rest is history. Upon our return to our home in Norther CA, I sold the Cipper almost immediately to a contact made on the American Clipper website and found our 3023, neglected in the back corner of an RV delaer in Redding, CA. Our first trip is Labor Day.