TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2008, 11:36 AM   #1
Sally Prechtel

Default Cancelation due to weather???

I would like a few opinions on this matter: (Memorial Weekend)
We booked a 3 day spot at Wishon Village in the Sierra mountains above Fresno, CA. They have a no cancellation policy. On our trip up there Friday 2 1/2 hours. About 10 miles from our destination we ran into snow. There was about 2 inches of snow & vehicles were turnning around. I had no service on my cell phone. I had phoned the Village Wed and Thurs & they said it was cool but but didn't mention any weather coming in. When I got back to Fresno Friday around 3 in the afternoon & phoned them & said we could not get in. They told me the snow plows had cleared the road & for us to come on up. I said no I was afraid I would get stuck & asked for a refund. They said NO & would charge my credit card the entire amount. I then emailed them and asked for a credit for a Sun, Mon, & Tues when they are not busy. I have sent them 2 emails & they won't answer me. We used none of their utilities. The weather was not my fault nor theirs. Am I unreasonable for asking them to do a little something? Oh yes we did have aTM spotting out of Clovis, CA
Thanks Sally

Tags
4 runner