TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-26-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
ricknjoy1

Cool How do I add privacy curtains?

[FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT
We bought a used 1997 3023 with no privacy curtains for the front bed. Does anyone know how to ADD privacy curtains? Also, we have never found the way to put the window curtains back in the track... could someone please help? Thank you! ricknjoy1 1997 3023 Florida
Old 05-26-2007, 11:46 AM   #2
BobRederick

ricknjoy

I have a privacy curtain on the back bed. Would that work on the front or will the shells interfere? I think the factory has them on both front and rear and I suggest calling Ed Lytle at 865-426-7426. Perhaps they are an option.

I haven't had my window curtains out, but they are mounted on a track that is attached to the wall. There is a row of tabs that run inside the track which has a "T-slot". A screw at each end of the track keeps the curtain from coming out. The screw must be removed to remove each curtain half.

Hope this helps...
Old 05-26-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
Caver
Site Sponsor

Default Front Curtains

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricknjoy1 View Post
We bought a used 1997 3023 with no privacy curtains for the front bed. Does anyone know how to ADD privacy curtains? Also, we have never found the way to put the window curtains back in the track... could someone please help? Thank you! ricknjoy1 1997 3023 Florida
I don't know about the 97 model but later 3023s have a track for the privacy curtain for the front bed. Often the curtain is stored in a cabinet. I would carefully check all the cabinets.

Ray
Caver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:39 AM   #4
baker75

I was looking at this with mine, I did not see a track for the curtain in the front on my 97 2619, I do believe there is one in the rear though.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:22 PM   #5
Steverino

Default Easy mod

Our 2027 didn't have a front curtain, but did have one for the rear. I ordered two plastic curtain tracks from Trailmanor, along with extra plastic tabs that slide along the tracks (all just like the rear parts). I mounted the two tracks on the ceiling in line with the edge of the front bed using shallow screws with white heads. Our unit has a plastic raceway that runs front to back along the center of the ceiling. You cannot cut thru this as ours has wires inside it. This forces you to have two separate curtain panels (and separate tracks on each side). Shouldn't really be an issue, methinks.

All we have left to do is make up the curtains themselves with the plastic tabs for hanging.

Hope this helps - can send (or try to post) pictures if needed.

Steve