TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2016, 07:42 PM   #1
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Default Voltage to exterior porch lights

Trying to trouble shoot a problem with my two porch lights on the curb side. Neither are working, both on the front shell. The street side light, also on front shell works. Also all the other 12V interior lights plus the 12V exhaust fan work as well.

So I haven't done a thorough check with a volt-meter yet, but I did checkout the switch near the door and it reads OK. But voltage across the two leads on the switch was low, 3 volts or so. I know this could possibly be a skin grounding problem on both outside lights and I will check this out. But in the meantime, my specific question is where is the next upstream 12V junction to these lights?

The TM wiring diagram I have is a little vague but the only logical place I can see for any junctions feeding to the interior lights, fan and exterior lights must be located under the air conditioner trim panel. Is this correct before I start taking things apart? The same diagram I have only shows one 12 gauge 12V junction to the front shell located in the fridge vent area. I assume there is no problem there, since everything else is working.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote