TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2015, 11:31 AM   #1
robertrael

Default TrailManor Manufacturing Downsizing

Are they going to continue to make TrailManor's?

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local...lose/22161571/

I still have yet to purchase my first TrailManor!
robertrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 11:51 AM   #2
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

That did not sound good ! Hope to hear more.....

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:40 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I have no information about this. But Trail Manor Manufacturing (TMM) has made it clear for a couple years that they were spending a lot of time and money to open a new plant in Nebraska. I bet that the closing of the Tennessee plant simply reflects the company's move to the new plant. Remember, the only reason TMM was in Tennessee was that the old TM plant was there. To make a smooth transistion between old owners and new, they continued building in TN while making the transition to NE.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 01:53 PM   #4
funpilot
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I have no information about this. But Trail Manor Manufacturing (TMM) has made it clear for a couple years that they were spending a lot of time and money to open a new plant in Nebraska. I bet that the closing of the Tennessee plant simply reflects the company's move to the new plant. Remember, the only reason TMM was in Tennessee was that the old TM plant was there. To make a smooth transistion between old owners and new, they continued building in TN while making the transition to NE.

Bill
They are moving to Nebraska based on what they were sharing with me when I was at the plant a few weeks ago. They are thinking about keeping a small operation open somewhere on the East coast to support service for this side of the country.
Dometic 1110 Compressor Refrigerator
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Yada Wireless backup camera
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:01 PM   #5
ArkyDoodle

I've heard that all TM mfg will be moving to Nebraska while there'd still be a "support crew" at their TN location

TM - 2014 2417KS SilverTrail --- SOLD
Purple Line Enduro Caravan Movers
ArkyDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:08 PM   #6
funpilot
TrailManor Master

I just talked to the Nebraska office and they confirm what is happening like Arky says. I suggested that they have someone post to our forums what is going on as we are so important to their sales cycle.
Dometic 1110 Compressor Refrigerator
BlueOx SwayPro Hitch
2.5 inch lift kit
Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C
Yada Wireless backup camera
funpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:19 PM   #7
Padgett
TrailManor Master

It has never been a large company. If you look at the VINs, there are only a few years with over 500 built. I wondered then how it could support two major operations. Still such a move is not cheap particularly if large molds and jigs must be transported.

My guess is that it is part of the cash infusion that must have taken place to finance the RISE development. Just hope the move also results in hiring an automotive engineer who understand chassis and electrical systems as well as how to comply with RVIA & DOT requirements.

There must be a financial reason though as it does not make much sense otherwise. The bulk of the sales are in the eastern crescent: Maine to Texas and transporation from TN is easy year round. Not sure I can say the same for Nebraska. (my Vixen was originally built in Michigan an the demographics were similar. After the breakup everything moved to Montana and after struggling for a few years, they recently closed their doors).

When I worked at GM I was involved in some similar moves and startup pains are myriad.

Trailmanor's success has always been built on the original design: Two folding end caps with a variable length center. Brilliant and timeless but the major innovation since then were the front slide and foam honeycomb instead of a wood frame. The two most needed (IMNSHO) a rear slide and power raising and lowering, have not been accomplished.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:17 PM   #8
ceickhoff

Default TrailManor consolidating Tennessee and Nebraska manufacturing

TrailManor is moving all the manufacturing to Hartington, NE where they have a larger facility that is more suited for their business and the State of Nebraska has incentives that make the move promising.
TrailManor's Tennessee Service Department will remain in Tennessee - at a new location just a few miles from the Jacksboro Plant. It is right on I-75 off Exit 134. The address is 414 Lake Drive - Caryville, TN. The phone number remains the same 423-563-6685. They plan to expand the service to other campers as well as the TrailManor units.
Nebraska's TrailManor Plant is located at 56251 Highway 84 in Hartington, NE (Northeast Nebraska) - Phone 402-316-7288 (or you can always reach them through the Tennessee Service Center).
TrailManor will manufacture the classic TrailManor models as well as the new RISE models in Nebraska.
ceickhoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:32 PM   #9
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Thanks for the update! I hope to get over to your neck of the woods sometime, and check out your new facility.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 09:50 PM   #10
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Default Thanks for posting Cleo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceickhoff View Post
TrailManor is moving all the manufacturing to Hartington, NE where they have a larger facility that is more suited for their business and the State of Nebraska has incentives that make the move promising.
TrailManor's Tennessee Service Department will remain in Tennessee - at a new location just a few miles from the Jacksboro Plant. It is right on I-75 off Exit 134. The address is 414 Lake Drive - Caryville, TN. The phone number remains the same 423-563-6685. They plan to expand the service to other campers as well as the TrailManor units.
Nebraska's TrailManor Plant is located at 56251 Highway 84 in Hartington, NE (Northeast Nebraska) - Phone 402-316-7288 (or you can always reach them through the Tennessee Service Center).
TrailManor will manufacture the classic TrailManor models as well as the new RISE models in Nebraska.

Thanks for posting Cleo. I'm sure we all are glad to hear direct from those who know.

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote