TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Appliances
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2006, 03:49 PM   #11
hingarfi

Default Radio Installation -- Rear Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug & Jeanne
Like Firedog I have a 2330 and have purchased a alpine stereo. The question that I have is not so much about the wiring rather how do you install/secure the radio? I have not figured out how to get a tool and both arms in the area from the vent.
I recently installed a radio. I took Bill's advice and added a short glued-in-place "post" at rear of radio to control vertical bounce. I cut it slightly shorter than required and glued it in place. Next day I installed the radio. Next I removed the upper refrigerator panel to gain access to back of radio. I then glued a shingle shim between the post and the radio to form a snug fit between post and radio bottom. I have not taken the TM anywhere to test to see if this support really works and stays in place.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:53 PM   #12
PopBeavers

I never considered that the radio might have a bouncing problem. I'll have to open the back and test mine. As it is now the only place where it is attached securely is at the front.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:42 PM   #13
Firedog

Thanks, Larry.
Great pictures. I also like the pics of the spice rack. Great idea. Once I got the parts from the TM factory, installation went fairly easy. I purchased an Dual AM/FM/CD with a weather band from Bass Pro Shops. Didn't sound too bad with the factory speakers. Thanks to everybody else for their responses.
Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civil_War_Buff
Hi Scott,

Here is a picture of the wiring that was in my TM.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...41466656NNjPaD

Larry
Old 05-25-2006, 06:00 PM   #14
Magdefrau

It was not 1 2 3 when I put our radio in. But it did work out ok within a few hours. It has been easlier with a small volt meter from Wal-Mart trouble shooting these type of projects. I have realized the importance in learning to find understanding in how everything works. I hope to be able to repair most failing components myself in the field. The radio/ CD is a great addition the the TM. We listen to nature CDs. They are enjoyible camping. I like catching the news and weather reports. Now that I am on the right wave lenght with the TV amp I hope to see weather radar report. I think I would like to have a camper type computer. Well 'Good Luck' got to go eat dinner. Say, I'll be going to Mountain Veiw Arkanasas this holiday so look for me.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:30 AM   #15
2manypets
Site Sponsor

I am going to be in Mtn. View this weekend as well. Not camping, just visiting family. But I'll keep an eye out for you.
2manypets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:17 AM   #16
Catawbalea

Does anyone have trouble getting AM? Our FM is fine but just static on AM . The dealer installed our radio in the refrig and we love it, but... Also, installed or stand alone, are there any radios that are good at getting the weather channels?
Old 05-30-2006, 07:30 PM   #17
Mike7840

Default Radio Installation in Older Model TM

I've been reading this thread with interest... also read messages from a while back on same subject. It seems that the recent messages indicate that installing a radio unit is fairly simple with wiring bundles in place, etc. I have four questions:

1) Is all the wiring place for a TM model 3124 - model year 2001?
2) If wiring is in place and includes speaker wires, where do the speaker wires end up? In other words, where should I expect to locate the speakers?
3) If there are cutouts with covers already in-place, are those just on more recent model year TM's? If so, I guess I will need to cut my own hole?
4) How do I remove the trim panels and/or refridge to get any prewired harnesses that may be present?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Mike Niesen
TM: 2001 - 3124
TV: 2003 Chevy TrailBlazer XT
Old 05-31-2006, 02:29 AM   #18
2blueranger
Site Sponsor

I'll jump in here and tell you about my 2005 3124KS. It had the speakers already installed over the couch in the cabinets. All I had to do was remove the wooden plate above the refrigerator and connect the correct leads. The speaker wire had to be cut, as it is one continuous wire. All in all pretty simple. If yours doesn't already have speakers, it won't be that simple. Happy Camping
2blueranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:49 AM   #19
kjbooe

I am sooooo glad I found this post! I found my wires bundled together like was mentioned earlier...never used in my 2004 tm.
Question....all I need to do is strip the ends and tie them into the appropriate connections on the back of the radio right? No special adapter to buy separately?
kjbooe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 08:27 AM   #20
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

KJBooe -

This entire topic has migrated to the Appliances forum, where it belongs, and where you apparently cannot see it because your membership has lapsed. Please go to the entry page of the Forum
www.trailmanorowners.com
click Site Sponsorship, and read the membership information. Membership will get you access to the entire content of the forum.

This thread will move to the Appliances forum in a day or so. Try to get the info you need before then, or consider becoming a member. Thanks.

Bill (moderator)
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote