TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-11-2003, 01:56 PM   #1
hal

Default Terlit problems

Help.... has anyone had a problem with their toilet not flushing properly?  I have racked my brain and don't know what the solution is..... actually I know what the solution is, I just don't have an answer. ;D ;D

We need an answer in a hurry. :P :-X :-/ :'(

Hal
Old 01-11-2003, 03:09 PM   #2
hal

Default Re: Terlit problems

Does anyone know what its like to have a terlit in a TrailManor that does not work?   Thats uncanny?   ;D

Hal
Old 01-11-2003, 03:35 PM   #3
Paul_Heuvelhorst

Hal,
You didn't describe the problem your having very well... what is the terlit not doing that you want it to do, and what are the symptoms?  : :
Old 01-13-2003, 03:14 AM   #4
camperboy

Maybe someone has a reason not to do this, but out terlit wasn't washing the bowl well. Dumped and filled with clean water, ran pump, dumped, repeated with little improvement. So I filled with warm water (shower sprayer), added some liquid laundry detergent (wanted something that wouldn't foam and that I hope won't damage any seals). Filled it up to "Full" mark and cycled the pump. It broke up some "stuff" out of the terilt which were just washed down the bowl. Then I dumped and rinsed with clean water and dumped again. Terlit worked better than ever.

Good luck!
Camperboy
Old 01-13-2003, 03:28 AM   #5
hal

Camperboy, you are almost too late..... ;D  I will suggest this to the persons that are having a problem.  By the way, I am waiting for their response on precisely what is happening but I think you might have hit the nail on the "head".

Hal
Old 01-13-2003, 05:25 AM   #6

Hal,

Are they experiencing the problem while camping in freezing weather? The terlit is only seperated from the outside elements by the plastic slide valve, especially, if they have the "dump valve" open. Could it be they need to add some RV antifreeze to the "mix" to keep it from icing up?

The toilet is designed to keep solids away from the pump by corralling them in a stainless steel screen until such a time they are broken down into a liquid. If the screen were damaged or put back in backwards, after replacing the seal or "some such", I suppose solids may make their way to the pump mechanism and cause problems.  Totally guessing.  If anyone has taken them apart, they know there isn't much to go wrong.

George
Old 02-23-2003, 01:01 PM   #7
oilspot

Just a guess...

I had a problem with solids not washing out of the bowl.  The main culprit seemed to be the vinyl skirt, which was old and stiff.

I replaced the skirt this winter, while I was installing a new valve on the bottom of the toilet.

Hopefully this will improve things a bit this season.