TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-17-2014, 12:48 PM   #1
dnurk01

Default Small hole in shower faucet fitting...can that be right?

Last weekend I replaced the shower head with a body spa on my 2619. The old head and the faucet were not leaking at all but I wanted a bit more pressure and had read great things about the body spa.

After removing the old hose from the back of the faucet I put on the new body spa hose. When I turned on the hot and cold water faucet handles but kept the body spa shut off at the handle I had water jetting out from the area right behind the faucet handles (where the hose connection comes in.). I shut off both faucet handles and took a closer look. There is a very small hole drilled in the fitting coming out the back of the facet facing toward the tub side. That is where water is coming out from. The hole is not a crack but appears to be designed that way.

Anyone else had this issue or have a suggested fix? I would take a pic but the trailer is currently closed down and stored away.

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 05-17-2014, 03:04 PM   #2
gmferg

Cool

From memory mine has that hole also. I think there is a check valve inside that black contraption and is supposed to open only when there is no water pressure so the hose going to the shower head can drain.
Mods: Kumho 875 205/R14s, Shower curtain & Oxygenics, Sewer hose stow, Prop reg on top, (2) Trojan 27TMs w/1+2 switch, Marinco A/C plug, RVS backup cam, Honda EU2000i & companion w/extended run tank.
gmferg is offline   Reply With Quote