TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-08-2008, 09:27 PM   #1
BT and LT

Default Water Builds Up in Support Arm

We recently purchased our "new" '05 TM - and love it! But...
... whenever we open the TM after a rain, water runs out of the support arm (the piece the stirrup is attached to) on the door side. The water that runs out is rusty (which is obviously a concern by itself). I can not figure out how the water gets into the tubular section to start with and don't know how to fix it to keep it from getting in in the first place. The thumbnail shows how the TM looks after releasing the latches. and the puddle beneath the TM shows how much water flowed out.

Any ideas?

Bill in Georgia
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailmanor.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	2606  
Old 04-09-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
Joseph

Question Same problem . . .

I too have the same problem. I have placed a cover on the TM to see if that helps. We should get a chance to test the theory next week as it has been raining quite a bit here in Griffin GA and I plan to take out the TM mid April. I will post what if any improvement the cover makes or PM you.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:00 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Well obviously the solution is to park the TM with the nose about 2 feet high, so the water drains out as soon as it comes in. Then go in and have a beer, feeling good about a job well done!

More seriously, at the top end of this support arm (this one supports the front shell, right?) there is a white plastic cover about 2 inches by 6 inches. You should be able to remove this cover, and see if water running off the roof can penetrate here.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:46 PM   #4
BT and LT

Thanks for the suggestion(s) - I will look at the plastic cover tomorrow and post my findings.

Bill
Old 04-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #5
Joseph

Talking Where's the beer...?

Thanks for the cover check idea Bill. The TM is nose high but not two feet..

BT - LT

Next weekend will be taking the TM out to Hamburg State Park ( I think...) and will take a look. Not sure which arm the water comes out of but being as the front shell covers most of the rear shell sounds good to me! The problem does not appear to happen all the time and since the TM now has a cover I sort of forgot about it until I saw your post. Will share what I find either here or PM you.

Happy Camping!